Re: MRBS Prob - SOLUTION
  • 2003/12/17 3:35

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Quote:

phflupp wrote:
The issue was:

Could not add an area via the MRBS Admin page.

The (workaround) solution is:

Turn on "register_globals" in your php.ini file.

The long-term solution is to bring the code up to PHP 4 standards.

Explanation:
Seehttp://ca.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.oldcode.php for details.

-phflupp

Hi there. I've confirmed my register_global settings in \etc\php.ini was "on". I still can't add a room (logged in as webmaster)

HELP *sigh*

phflupp
  • 2003/12/17 18:55

• phflupp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/8

I'm not clear from your post whether you can add an AREA... if you can add an area then the .../mrbs/admin.php and .../mrbs/add.php code would seem to be working and your system would seem to be properly configured.

...of course, you cannot add a room unless you have added an area first.

...if you can add an area then you have the correct permissions, at least within XOOPS and mrbs... I don't think you can even get to that form without the correct permissions.

Please post the steps you took up to the point that you got stuck... and what you see in the browser.

If you have not already done so, turn on 'phpdebug' and look for errors... then turn on 'mysql' debugging. Both these are in the XOOPS 'Preferences', but you can only choose one at a time.

-P.

Chainsaw
  • 2003/12/19 1:40

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Sorry my bad..

Yes I meant I cannot add an Area (or a room for that matter). I have been running MRBS (non-Xoops module) without any problem for over a year now on the same server. So I do know how MRBS works and how to add Area, Rooms, meetings etc. Our office has been using MRBS to book rooms for quite a while now. When I discovered XOOPS it was to my pleasant surprise that I can run MRBS as a module.

Anyway I can install the MRBS module without any error message.

When I run MRBS I get the following PHP debug message at the bottom of page

Notice [PHP]: Undefined indexxoops_lblocks in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 626
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined indexdbhost in file modules/mrbs/config.inc line 23
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined variablePHP_SELF in file modules/mrbs/trailer.inc line 68
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined variableQUERY_STRING in file modules/mrbs/trailer.inc line 68

When I go to MRBS admin I get the following PHP debug message
Notice [PHP]: Undefined indexxoops_lblocks in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 626
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined variableHTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE in file modules/mrbs/admin.php line 130
Notice 
Notice 

When I add an Area I get the following PHP debug message
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined variableHTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE in file modules/mrbs/admin.php line 130
Notice 
Notice 

No Area is created despite doing it correctly. Global_Register is on. And like I said, I can run MRBS (non-Xoops) without any problem on the same web server (vanilla Mandrake 9.1/Apache).

phflupp
  • 2003/12/29 17:25

• phflupp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/8

These errors do look like those I saw before I turned register_globals to "ON" in php.ini. Those variables are not being passed (and so remain uninitialized), it seems.

Confirm that the php.ini you changed was the right one... you might have more than one PHP installed on your system. The 'which php' command should confirm which PHP is being used by Xoops, if more than one is on the system.

Uninstall the mrbs module, stop then restart MySQL. Restart Apache (or whatever web server). Re-install the module. It shouldn't make any difference, but I did that.

Good luck.
-P.

nixon
  • 2005/2/1 2:27

• nixon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/7 2

Hate to bring up an old thread but was just wondering if there is a solution to this problem yet. I can also add this info.

I am running mrbs as a module on XOOPS and e-xoops, both on the same server. The server is running php4 with registered global turned off. The version on e-xoops works fine but the version on XOOPS does not.

The XOOPS version loads fine and creates the correct tables etc but does not allow you to add an area (this problem was stated earlier). I have even tried running up the version from e-xoops onto XOOPS but had the same problem (both versions appear to be the same).

This would seem to isolate the problem to something to do with the way this mod interacts with xoops. I have tried the bluetopia site but there is no-one answering the problem there. Has anyone managed to solve this problem or does anyone have an idea where the problem may lie. I am desperate to find the solution as it is a useful mod when working properly.

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits