Gamut
Help with Switching between Javascript and Html Menu
  • 2003/12/17 12:40

• Gamut

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/5 1

I have recently installed a dropdown menu - HV Menu v5.411 by Ger Versluis fromhttp://www.dynamicdrive.com which runs in a wide range of browsers and version (from IE and Netscape 4 upwards as well as Opera 7.)

It works fine. I realise that some people turn their scripting off to avoid nasties so I have a crude method of allowing for degrading by having the javascript HV Menu floating over the html horizontal navbar menu. In testing when the browser scripting is turned off then the html horizontal navbar menu shows.

Sometimes when i have browser scripting on there is a slight lag in the page loading and for a brief time the html horizontal navbar menu shows before the HV Menu loads properly. As this is kind of ugly I was wondering if someone could advise me on how to code a neater solution along the lines of.... If the client browser scripting is turned off then show the Html Menu, Else show the HV Menu.

The HV Menu script in theme.html is as follows...
<script type='text/javascript'>
//HV Menu v5.411- by Ger Versluis (http://www.burmees.nl/)
//Submitted to Dynamic Drive (http://www.dynamicdrive.com)
//Visithttp://www.dynamicdrive.com for this script and more
function Go(){return}
</script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='<{$xoops_url}>/hvmenu/tntmenu1_var.js'></script>
<script type='text/javascript' src='<{$xoops_url}>/hvmenu/menu_com.js'></script>

tntmenu1_var.js contains the following functions but I am not sure if/how to use them...

function BeforeStart(){return}
function AfterBuild(){return}
function BeforeFirstOpen(){return}
function AfterCloseAll(){return}

Any advice from a javascript guru would be helful. If I can get this working I would be happy to share this static horizontal dropdown dhtml/javascript solution here.

Cheers,

Gamut

hsalazar
Re: Help with Switching between Javascript and Html Menu
  • 2003/12/17 16:26

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

Gamut:

I'm not sure about the configuring a menu for users that turn javascript off, since I understand javascript on is a requisite to use XOOPS.

That said, I talked with people from SoftComplex (http://www.softcomplex.com), the creators of Tigra Menu, a versatile and powerful DHTML menu, and they wrote a customized version for XOOPS that we're in the process of adapting for the incoming formal release of the XOOPS Net sites.

Also, some of our devs are working hard and are about to finish the transformation of this menu into a full-fledged XOOPS module, so it shouldn't be long before we have a complete solution for horizontal and vertical dynamic menus for our XOOPS sites.

Cheers.

Gamut
  • 2003/12/18 7:06

• Gamut

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/5 1

Horacio,

That is brilliant! I will stick with what I have got then until the release. I honestly didn't expect such a module so soon.

Thanks for the advice,

Gamut

Brad
  • 2004/1/9 3:00

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/4

Is it expected that the Xoopsed version of Tigra menu will be available for the current version of XOOPS or will it be for the next version?

Brad
  • 2004/1/12 4:45

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

<bump>

Brad
  • 2004/1/16 14:42

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

<final bump>

hsalazar
  • 2004/1/16 15:22

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

BPJones:

Sorry for the delay. I hadn't looked into this lately. At the moment the Tigra Menu module is in beta testing, so I guess it won't be long before its developer delivers it to the XOOPS community.

Cheers.

Brad
  • 2004/1/16 15:44

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

If they would like some help beta testing it, I'm creating a new site that I'd like to implement it on and would gladly test it as such. Feel free to let whichever developers that are working on know that they can contact me if they'd like.

Brad

Brad
  • 2004/1/28 18:56

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

<kinda bump>

Just checking to see if you got my last message here.

Chainsaw
  • 2004/1/28 20:06

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

You beauty!!!

Hey if you need anyone to test the XOOPSed Tigra menu let me know. As you know I've just recently install it on my site and its brilliant!

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits