qingting
Database disconnected after host upgraded server OS
  • 2003/12/15 17:30

• qingting

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/5 1

To all masters of Xoops,

I'm facing a seriuos problem whereby my server host (or web space provider) always like to upgrade the server OS, database and php without informing us.

So everytime after he did the upgrading job my website will be gone and I have to re-install the whole website. Althought he was trying to remain everything as it is, but it just didn't work some where or some how. (I think he doesn't know my database use ID and password and simply change it)

Is there a better way to slove my problems? I know nothing about php or programming but I can install and use XOOPS very well (this is good news to those hardworking XOOPS developers

This is the latest messages I got when trying to open my website after my host just upgraded the server OS (or may be others as well):

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Warning [PHP]: Access denied for user: 'dragonflylee@localhost' (Using password: YES) in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 74

*(((my password never to be a YES, does this means the database must use a password or it changed my password to YES?)))

Warning [PHP]: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'dragonflylee@localhost' (Using password: YES) in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 74

*(((this also same as above)))

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

Thanks in advance for all your help

Herko
Re: Database disconnected after host upgraded server OS
  • 2003/12/15 18:17

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

If your hosting provider accesses your DB and changes stuff without telling you, I'd say: look for another host! This shouldn't be done by the host.

To get the current site back up, I'd ask the hosting provider the correct data for connecting to the db server, and your (new?) username/password. You can change those manually in the mainfile.php to fit your new settings, and you'll have your old site back

Herko

qingting
  • 2003/12/15 18:37

• qingting

• Just popping in

Thanks Herko,

This is my current main.php file, all ID and psw are correct, is there any thing wrong?

if ( !defined("XOOPS_MAINFILE_INCLUDED") ) {
define("XOOPS_MAINFILE_INCLUDED",1);

// XOOPS Physical Path
// Physical path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/################');

// XOOPS Virtual Path (URL)
// Virtual path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://www.dragonflylee.com');

// Database
// Choose the database to be used
define('XOOPS_DB_TYPE', 'mysql');

// Table Prefix
// This prefix will be added to all new tables created to avoid name conflict in the database. If you are unsure, just use the default 'xoops'.
define('XOOPS_DB_PREFIX', '#######');

// Database Hostname
// Hostname of the database server. If you are unsure, 'localhost' works in most cases.
define('XOOPS_DB_HOST', 'l#######');

// Database Username
// Your database user account on the host
define('XOOPS_DB_USER', '############3');

// Database Password
// Password for your database user account
define('XOOPS_DB_PASS', '###############');

// Database Name
// The name of database on the host. The installer will attempt to create the database if not exist
define('XOOPS_DB_NAME', 'myqueen');

// Use persistent connection? (Yes=1 No=0)
// Default is 'Yes'. Choose 'Yes' if you are unsure.
define('XOOPS_DB_PCONNECT', 0);

define('XOOPS_GROUP_ADMIN', '1');
define('XOOPS_GROUP_USERS', '2');
define('XOOPS_GROUP_ANONYMOUS', '3');

if (!isset($xoopsOption['nocommon'])) {
include XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/include/common.php";
}
}
?>

CBlue

I sure hope you don't have your real database name, database username and your password in that post!

qingting
  • 2003/12/15 18:52

• qingting

• Just popping in

Well, that's all real ID and password. I don't mind to disclose it bcoz I may have to re-install the whole website using new database.

Do u all think may be my host have not fully re-install/re-covered everything at the server?

Anyway thanks u all for help.

I'll wait a few days and see how it works before I re-install a new website. (kind of sick doing this repeated many times and all data were gone forever

Herko
  • 2003/12/15 19:28

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

NEVER EVER post your REAL server info and passwords in a public forum!! Even if they're no longer valid (might be temporary!) I edited your post to hide that info.

Herko

qingting
  • 2003/12/16 14:19

• qingting

• Just popping in

Thank you very much Herko. I guess my host fixed the problem so my website is back online. Don't know how he fixed it.

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits