Shelia
Main Menu images
  • 2003/12/15 23:11

• Shelia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/22

Is it possible to include an images next to the text in the main menu? I would like a tiny images that would notify visitors of new content.

hsalazar
Re: Main Menu images
  • 2003/12/16 3:25

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

Shelia:

Including the images should be easy. All you need to do is to edit the template system_block_mainmenu.html. Do it on the template manager, choosing the System module and then looking in the blocks section.

The part that to me seems a bit more complex is the defining what's the meaning of new content (uploaded today, in the past 3 days, in the past week?) and more than that, the selection of a specific icon to include there. But I guess it can be done.

Any volunteers?

Cheers.

Shelia
  • 2003/12/16 4:05

• Shelia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/22

I attempted to included the image in system_block_mainmenu.html. I just can't figure our how to place the image to the right of a specific menu item.

DonXoop

I love the Search speed, kept me from asking a redundent question.. Just what I was looking for. Can you post what you did in the template for images? It looks easy enough to add images but I wonder what you did to determine the image name. Did you do some db work or name the image to match the text or somehthing more elegant?

It seems that you could call a function for the image names and at the same time query for message counts etc.

You can't get the image to the right? Or is it the random offset? Does a <{$module.name}> <{$image}> + the Item tag in the theme set to align image right work?

I was just thinking of doing the same.

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits