Bassman
Webmail module?
  • 2003/11/20 1:01

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Are there any? I came across this and I thought it would be easy enough to incorporate, although I haven't tried it out yet.

tirian
Re: Webmail module?
  • 2003/11/20 3:54

• tirian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/12

I've run across 2 webmail modules for Xoops: WebMail2 and sqmail. Search for either of these in the Modules section and you should find the download links. WebMail2 looks promising, but I haven't got it working yet. Sqmail is a SquirrelMail port, I've installed it and it works well. If you take shot at WebMail2 and get it working, please post any helpful install/config info! Thanks!

Bleekk
  • 2003/12/15 16:17

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/12/14

Anyone who have a webmail module??

chrisz
  • 2003/12/15 18:27

• chrisz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/9 1

Quote:

Bleekk wrote:
Anyone who have a webmail module??

I have V-webmail 1.5.0, and I like it much better than SquirrelMail or any of the others I've tried. Unfortunately it isn't ported for Xoops. I had the SquirrelMail module installed on my site and removed it. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't logout of the email account to login to another email account. I have several accounts and would like to switch between them all. SQMail couldn't do that for me.

Richard Heyes, the one who wrote V-webmail, has now released 1.5.1, but it's not free. Any prior versions are free to use. I have the archive of 1.5.0. I think it would make a great module for Xoops. Unfortunately I'm still trying to figure out a few things while making a module. If someone wants a copy to try and port, let me know.

Chris

tom
  • 2003/12/15 19:05

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I've tried the UebiMiau, although it's half decent it doesn't seem too secure.

Any way by webmail what do you want it to do, offer you members a way for them to collect there mail from there current ISP if so then it's webmail2 you need, although my last attemps with XOOPS 2.0.* on this module wasn't good seemed much of the coding was broken when upgraded from 1.3.* to 2.0.*

If you want a mail system that works with your own mail server then you need SQMail found at:

SQMail

If your wanting a mail script to offer your own mail service there is none yet that are xoopsed, there are many out there that are not ported one ishttp://hivemail.com/ but costs something like $180 so it's not open source, there is a free one @http://www.b1g.de but you must keep all copyright to them on it, although it appears you can pay to remove it.

Also I seem to remember draven mentioning something about porting B1G to xoops..........

Hope this is of some help.

Draven
  • 2003/12/15 20:01

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Quote:

Also I seem to remember draven mentioning something about porting B1G to xoops..........

I was going to but after fishing through the code I found MANY errors and alot of inefficient code so I dropped the idea and started to build one from scratch. I'm only in the preliminary stages of working out structure and methods, so don't expect a release any time soon. Once the XOOPS Dev site is online you'll be able to track the progress of this module (xmail).

Bassman
  • 2003/12/15 21:02

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I ended up using sqmail, it suits me fine for my purposes :)

tom
  • 2003/12/15 23:08

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Bassman glad you found something to suit your needs.

Draven I really look forward to seeing any progress in this module, it's something I've wanted for a while, ended up using Hivemail although support lacks, it costed and seems very unstable.

Good luck.

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits