WarDick
Top Page
  • 2003/12/8 23:06

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

What is the purpose of top page?
Its in the blocks menu but I can not figure out how to use it to my advantage.

Slicer
Re: Top Page
  • 2003/12/9 5:05

• Slicer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/6

Could anyone help us out?

I don't understand it either!

CBlue

Top page is the index.php page of your XOOPS site.

Slicer
  • 2003/12/9 5:17

• Slicer

• Just popping in

Then why can't it be controlled uniquely.

CBlue

It can. You can edit your blocks to show only on the top (front) page or you can show them on all pages, or individual pages within your site. The blocks can be set up differently on the top page than on the rest of the pages.

Slicer
  • 2003/12/9 5:36

• Slicer

• Just popping in

Lets say that news module is homepage. You can set blocks on top page differently and it will not change how news module displays. I think the post form Wardick about display control is talking about the same issue. Thats how I got started on this thread.

hsalazar
  • 2003/12/9 7:12

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

Slicer:

The top page is the index page of the module set as start module. If you choose the News module to be your start module, then the top page equals the index page of the News module. If you choose the Downloads module to be your start module, then the top page equals the index page of the Downloads module.

So what's the difference? The other blocks. Let's say you have the News module as the start module. Let's say you have a custom block to welcome visitors, and assign it to the top page. When a user gets into your site, it's redirected to the top page, i. e., to the index page of the News module, BUT showing the blocks defined for the top page, that is, the custom welcome block. If, on the other hand, the user clicks on the News link in the Main Menu, he'll see the same stories, yes, but he won't see the custom block.

A recommendation? Set your start module to "None". Then create your own top page just by accomodating whatever blocks you want.

Cheers.

WarDick
  • 2003/12/9 7:30

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Yes that's the infomation I was looking for. Thank you for expert advice.

Have a great evening!

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits