Parafal
newBB error!
  • 2003/12/6 12:29

• Parafal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/7 2

When I post something in the newBB forum, the page doesn't reload automaticaly. I got a blank page and I have to use the IE back button.

I turned on the php debug mode and I got this error:

Quote:
Notice: Undefined index: nosmiley in /home/airsoftb/public_html/html/modules/newbb/post.php on line 166

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/airsoftb/public_html/html/kernel/notification.php on line 99

I got this error when I used the XOOPS 2.0.3 in my old webhost and now I continue to get this problem using XOOPS new version in a new webhost.

What is it?

Thanks

CBlue
Re: newBB error!

Did you recently apply any hacks to your newbb module?
If you did, it could be that you accidently deleted part of the code in the notifications section of the newbb module.

Parafal
  • 2003/12/6 16:16

• Parafal

• Just popping in

Hi CBlue, always helping me! thanks

No, I never used a hack. I don't know what happened. One day it was working fine, the next day I had this problem!

Somebody know how can I correct this? Can I replace the code with a new one?

CBlue

You could try deleting the file kernel/notification.php and uploading a fresh copy. Don't overwrite it, replace it competely. Then update your system module in module admin and see if that fixes your problem. It's the kernel/notification.php file that is showing the fatal error and it could have gotten corrupted somehow.

Mithrandir

Line 99 in the kernel/notification.php is a method on the user object - which may appear if the notification isn't configured properly (with the correct user ID to look up)

The source of the problem might as well be in the module as in the kernel so next step might be to reupload the module (or first the notification files in the module)

CBlue

Nevermind this post! Sorry!

Parafal
  • 2003/12/6 16:44

• Parafal

• Just popping in

The only thing is that in this new webhost I only uploaded the sql data base and the others modules that don't come with xoops.
I did a fresh install, that mean all the .php files and XOOPS modules are new!

I can't understand why this happened, but I'll try this.

CBlue

The error could be in the database if you try the suggestion above and it doesn't fix your problem.

Login

Who's Online

252 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 252

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits