ukdave
Is there a User Registration Template somewhere?
  • 2003/11/3 14:53

• ukdave

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/27

Is there a User Registration Template somewhere?

I'd like to get rid of the time zone dropdown, can anyone help please?

chapi
Re: Is there a User Registration Template somewhere?
  • 2003/11/3 15:28

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

include/registerform.php

You have to comment out the following line by adding // in the front of it.

//$reg_form->addElement(new XoopsFormSelectTimezone(_US_TIMEZONE, "timezone_offset", $tzselected));

ukdave
  • 2003/11/3 16:03

• ukdave

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/27

Thanks Chapi, I found it on line 54. I was looking in the wrong file (register.php.)

script_fu

This is very intresting. The reason I found this post is because all my websites are to wide because of...

1)The time zones in the user registration form.
2)The textarea box

So just a few questions...

If I comment out the time zones are the users forced to the time zone settings I have made in (Preferences Main »» General Settings) How will this effect all users?

Also how can I make the textarea box not as wide?

Thanks!

mktwain124
  • 2003/12/5 14:22

• mktwain124

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/27

Quote:

1.) you can modify the drop-down timezone text in language/english/timezone.php
Here, you can also remove any timezone options you don't want to show

2.) change the <td width=50%> to something different in the system template: system_userinfo.html
You can play with the width settings that seem to produce the best visual results

Hope this helps

script_fu

Quote:

mktwain124 wrote:
Quote:

1.) you can modify the drop-down timezone text in language/english/timezone.php
Here, you can also remove any timezone options you don't want to show

2.) change the <td width=50%> to something different in the system template: system_userinfo.html
You can play with the width settings that seem to produce the best visual results

Hope this helps

Your sugestion on #1 works fine Thank you very much.
Any Idea when a user registers what happens to the time zone
if none is present? As in the first hack by chapie...

On #2 looks to me that the file system_userinfo.html is for
a user once they have registerd.

Im in need of the correct file for the textera on the register now page. I dont think table widths have anything to do with the textera. When a textera is set up in html you
decide how many columns it will have. Thats what I need to adjust in order for my site to display 800x600.

I did try what you sugested and it did not appear to work on the user_info file.

Thank you for your time it was very kind of you!

Also I looked all over the file that chapie said to comment out the time zones. I was hopeing that the textera data I need to change was in that file. I didn't see it... err

Could it be in the same file that chapie spoke of above? Maybe I missed it...

Any others?

script_fu

$disc_text = new XoopsFormTextarea('', 'disclaimer', $xoopsConfigUser['reg_disclaimer'], 8);

This is the code above thats related to the disclaimer textarea that im speaking of aka (registerform.php). Does this code point to another file? One that the columns could be adjusted?

Thanks in advance for any help one would give...

script_fu

Heres another can of worms...
While in the registerform.php i've seen all the old avatar
system commented out. Our users use to be able to pick there avatar when signing up with our sites. If I uncommented all the avatar stuff in the registerform.php
would that part of the system be restored?

While im at it when people register for my site on a 2.0.5.1
install. Very few of them assign an avatar. So I've tryied to go back and give the users one myself. To no avail I cannot figure out how to do it. I use to love giving people
the avatar with the bag over there head. Any ideas how to fix these problems? lol

mktwain124
  • 2003/12/5 22:06

• mktwain124

• Just popping in

Sorry, my #2 suggestion above applies to changing things in the "Edit Profile" form.

To edit the "Register Now" form, go to include/registerform.php and change the text box settings for the fields you want to change. The first number is the text box width you want to change, the second number is the maximum text length allowed for that field - which should be the same as that field setting in its MySQL table.

For example, to change the email box width, at approx line 40 in include/registerform.php:

$email_text = new XoopsFormText("""email"2560$email);

change the number 25 to whatever you want (leave the 60 alone!) and that's the new width (in pixels.)

mktwain124
  • 2003/12/5 22:18

• mktwain124

• Just popping in

The easiest way to set a default timezone and avatar at registration is go into your MySQL database ("Users" table) using phpMyAdmin or some other MySQL management program, and set those defaults.

For example, change the default value in the "user_avatar" field to "youravatar.gif" (your avatar image file name) and then make sure you have that image file in your uploads folder. Change the default value in the "timezone_offset" field to -5.0 or +2.0 or whatever you want the offset to be.

Then, whenever someone registers, those default values will automatically get inserted into that users record.

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits