Brow3000
Re: Xoops or phpNuke?
  • 2003/12/5 14:44

• Brow3000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/5

Been using nuke for years...time to try something new...something better...thats why I came to Xoops.

djsckizo
  • 2003/12/5 15:31

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Tried Nuke, hated it. Tried Xoops, been using it ever since. I have 4 sites currently running on Xoops. This CMS is very user friendly and has a community that backs it up better than any I have seen. Go with XOOPS or I'll delete you from The Matrix.

icpc_sun
  • 2003/12/5 16:18

• icpc_sun

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/14

I like xoops!

It's the best CMS! I think!(I'm even tried PHPNUKE4.x~6.x,POSTNUKE...)

But the newbb modules isn't support some function...

PHPBB or IPB's vitural bank very nice!

Hope xoops's kernel can support it in the future!

CBlue

I love XOOPS better than phpnuke. I have phpnuke on a test site but I'm using XOOPS on my public ones. The only thing that could be improved in XOOPS in my opinion, is the forums. I like phpBB2 forums best because of the admin features and the flexibility.

Another thing I would hope for in future versions of XOOPS would be the ability to intregrate php and javascripts better into the site. There are alot of php and javascripts that I would love to use with my XOOPS site but I can't because they are incompatible. I face the same problem with my phpnuke site in that regard.

Per4orm
  • 2003/12/5 17:45

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

I would go with XOOPS over PHP-Nuke any time. I find XOOPS not only more user friendly, but also a lot more flexible. Ever noticed that all Nuke sites looks the same? Not always the case with XOOPS - check out Gaining Mass to see what you can achieve with a bit of time and effort.

By the way - the site has nothing to do with me whatsoever, before you start shouting "shameless plug"!

CBlue

That's a cool looking site, Gareth!

Per4orm
  • 2003/12/5 18:22

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

Don't tell me Donna - tell Draven!

CBlue

That's a cool looking site, Draven!

djsckizo
  • 2003/12/6 3:54

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Without a doubt the best looking XOOPS site I've seen so far. I couldn't even tell XOOPS was under all of that until I started looking at the links.

AAINC
  • 2003/12/6 6:28

• AAINC

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/18

Hello bd_csmc,
Nice seeing others switching over to xoops.

Was a hardcode nuker for a couple years and started to code some simple mods. Now I can code like crazy using PHP and MySQL. Owe alot of that from the help from Nukescripts.net, Bob is awesome.

As soon as I installed XOOPS 2.0.5 I was hooked, had to figure out this smarty thing, besides XOOPS is alot more user and admin friendly.

Still have a time with the Smarty Templates and getting them to work. Something as easy as calling data from MySQL db is driving me batty.
I mean I can do it without the smarty but.......

Anyways welcome to Xoops.......Into The Future

AAINC

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits