shivaji
how to show HTML description within Web Links module
  • 2003/11/28 7:55

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/18

Is it possible to insert HTML code within Web Link module ? Presently it is only accepting normal text entry in the description field.

Thanks in advance.

Shine
Re: how to show HTML description within Web Links module
  • 2003/11/28 9:57

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Yes it is, open visit.php, look for the line:
$myts->makeTareaData4Show($description,0)
change this into:
$myts->makeTareaData4Show($description,1)

Grtz., Shine

shivaji
  • 2003/11/28 14:29

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks Shine :) It works. I wonder is it also possible to open a new window "_blank" when a link is clicked within the description field just like News Module.

Now the HTML is working with Web Links module but when I click any links within the Description field it is opening up the page in the same window.

Thanks again.

Shine
  • 2003/11/28 16:59

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

By using the proper html <a href=.... target=_blank the link opens with a new window. At least that what it does for me within the addresses module which actually is a rewrite of the mylinks module and uses the same code as given you earlier.

grtz., Shine

shivaji
  • 2003/11/29 11:04

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

By using the proper html <a href=.... target=_blank the link opens with a new window. At least that what it does for me within the addresses module which actually is a rewrite of the mylinks module and uses the same code as given you earlier.

REPLY: Thanks. Thats not I am looking for. Now what I am doing is , manually entering target="_blank" in every description where link is there.

What happening is that, if I enter a simple link without <a> tag likehttps://xoops.org (Please click) it is opening up new window. If I enter a same link like this <a href=https://xoops.org>XOOPS(same window)</a>, it open in same window. Now to open a New window with the same link I have to use target="_blank" <a href=https://xoops.org target="_blank">XOOPS(same window)</a>. I have many links like this.

Shine
  • 2003/11/29 13:00

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

That is correct.
For the forst example it fetches automaticly the bb-code when you enter a link as mentioned above. And as you know, the bb-code when writing an url is always _blank.

The second example:
when you are gonna use html, the bb-code will not have any influence at all on the entered link. Therefore, when you use the <a href=... you need to use the target=_blank.

By enabling html doesn't mean you have disabled the BB-code!

Let us take another example:
The news module:
When you write your news you want sometimes to refer to an article within your website. In that case you are gonna use the html instead of the standard BB-code. After all, you don't want ppl that everytime they click on that intern link a seperate window opens of your own website. (at least I don't)
When the url is an external reference, then I make just write the url and know that it automaticly makes use of the BB-code,........seperate window.

Grtz., Shine

shivaji
  • 2003/11/29 20:17

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

By enabling html doesn't mean you have disabled the BB-code!

REPLY: Yes, thats true :) I think I have to either look for some different module like MyAds or need to modify the present mylink code because I have 4000 articles to be posted with many links within it. Thanks again.

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits