adrianw
Re: Headlines module does not work - character problem
  • 2003/11/25 13:07

• adrianw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/25

Actually the dtd says:
<!ENTITY pound "&#163;"> <!-- pound sterling sign -->
(I expect that is what you typed but it has been re-rendered by XOOPS)

When I said that I respecified the encoding what I meant is that I used the admin interface to define the RSS feed of the headline in question as ISO-8859-1 rather than the default of UTF-8. And I felt that the module should have been able to pull the definition from the header of the feed itself.
Cheeers

lykoszine
  • 2003/11/25 13:33

• lykoszine

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/1/2 2

Adrianw

You are correct, I naivly expected stuff I put in [code ] [/ code] markers not to be parsed...

I suspect that the abilty to change the encoding for feeds is there precisely so admins can override when necessary (for ex when the feed specifies the wrong encoding), but I totally agree that xoopsheadlines should pick that us as default, and let you change it to something else after that...

I will remember that for the rewrite.

ajaxbr
  • 2003/11/26 0:10

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

Bump.
My XOOPS start page went blank, I was able to access modules' pages the I logged in and tested all modules... Headlines was broken, disabling it did the trick.
Weird thing is that it used to work well and i didn't touch it for more than a month. Now nothing seems to help: disabling and re-enabling the module, cleaning the cache, optimizing db, etc.
I'll try to uninstall and reinstall it, but I'd guess it's a parsing problem just because this core module seems to have it's quirks. If reinstalling doesn't help I'll try to find whether one of the feeds I use causes the problem and report back.

lykoszine
  • 2003/11/27 10:51

• lykoszine

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/1/2 2

ajaxbr,

Is it possible that your host has disabled access to remote files? That happened to me, and it totally broke xoopsheadlines, with no error message.

w_grace
  • 2003/11/27 19:14

• w_grace

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/10

If your having problems with RSS feeds, check out this little bit of code, it really works rather well for sorting out RSS feeds.

http://www.mouken.com/rss/

I would love to get something that allows for better control of RSS Feeds, with this code you can take sections of the feed and put it into its own block.

Or in theroy you should be able to as you simply produce a PHP file, but it never wanted to display the PHP code within the Block.

I hope you find it interesting or helpful.

thorian
  • 2003/11/28 14:36

• thorian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/21

Sorry the link does not work ....

Thanks for all your suport

Especially to lykoszine who is trying to maintain this module Keep up the good work

For what i have seen from other sites this module rocks, but i would like it to work in my site.

Agora em português .... lykoszine, o que queres dizer com
'Is it possible that your host has disabled access to remote files?'

sou eu que estou a gerir o meu site ... como é que posso saber se o acesso remoto a ficheiros não está disponivel ?

Obrigado a todos
Thanks to all

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (177 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits