CiberEspia
module topics

some similar module for topics like to the of phpnuke:
http://www.nukecops.com/topics.html
too with the capacity to show it in a block!

Mithrandir
Re: module topics

This looks like a nice way of displaying news.

Maybe a toggle in admin menu saying whether to list news chronologically or by category.

I'll keep that in mind.

CBlue

I have a test phpnuke site and that module installed. All that module does is call to the MySQL database and pulls the latest news, downloads, links, and other modules links from each modules database tables.

It would be nice to have a module that could do that for xoops. Unless there already is one somewhere?

Mithrandir

Latest news, latest downloads, latest articles, latest links etc. is already in XOOPS today.

What would be new about this idea is to have news articles displayed either as now or by topic category.

CBlue

You're right it is in XOOPS already but they are all in separate blocks and not in one big block that can be brought up when you click on a topics link. Having all the latest of each module on one page organized in a list will allow people to be able to make the blocks on the front page contain other stuff that's important and would save space on the front page.

CiberEspia

thus:

--CATEGORIA1
---news1
-----content news1
---news2
---news3
---
---
----------more
--CATEGORIA2
---news1
-----content news1
---news2
---news3
---
---
----------more
something similar as this he would be fabulous:
http://www.comcast.net/comcast.html

Mithrandir

Sounds like some very very nice ideas - they are duly noted and I'll surely keep them in mind when updating the News module.

Since we are on the subject, please do give any ideas to the News module, you feel are missing in the current module.

CiberEspia

[here]there is something interesting

Mithrandir

Thanks - will check that out

CBlue

I downloaded and installed it and it seems that it must only work with wfsections. It won't work with the news module or any other module that I can see.

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits