tom
Re: Upload Module?
  • 2003/11/26 5:25

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/

under a download you see:

Rate this File | Modify | Report Broken File | Tell a Friend | Comments (0)

use

Modify | Report Broken File

this is what I ment for front end admin.

sorry for confusing you.

Hope this is of help.

Tim

intel352
  • 2003/11/26 7:41

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

nice job on the improved download module (from what i read in the feature list)

may i suggest, looking at the following nuke download modules, in case you would like more ideas for your own download module development:

NukeStyles Enhanced Download Module v2 (aka EDLv2) - main features:
-upload ability for files/images by both admin/user
-ability to disable registered and/or anonymous: modification suggestions, file submissions, comments
-image resize for thumbnail creation, using GD/GD2/netpbm (coded by myself, donated to the module developer)
-ability to redesign html layout of the downloads from within the download administration
...full list of features should be listed at nukestyles...

NukeScriptsNetwork Groups Download module (aka NSN GR DL) - main features:
-displays downloads in dual-column display
-ability to disable registered and/or anonymous: modification suggestions, download submissions (i believe comments aren't included in that module)
-passcode check at the time of file download, to prevent leechers
-ability to limit downloads or categories to certain Groups <<<< NICE feature
...full list of features should be listed at nukescripts...

the nukestyles module is not free ($5 i think?), but there should be a demo up at nukestyles, as well as the module itself is actively used at nukestyles, i believe

the nukescripts module is beta, yet very polished, it works great, has an excellent interface, and it's free

if you guys don't have image-resize, and would like the code, let me know, i'll dig it up for you (btw, the normal name i use is intel352, yet i screwed up the new user form when i registered, lmfao)

tom
  • 2003/11/26 8:19

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

New MyDownloads module was dev by Cats.

Quote:
-upload ability for files/images by both admin/user

can already be done

Quote:
-ability to disable registered and/or anonymous: modification suggestions, file submissions, comments

> I think/sure it can be done for ANOM, for registered users you could simple remove the links in the templates admin and remove the menu links with minor script change in xoops_version.php for the lines

$modversion['hasMain'] = 1; <--- do not comment this but as this will mean there is now main menu item
$modversion['sub'][1]['name'] = _name;
$modversion['sub'][1]['url'] = "submit.php";
$modversion['sub'][2]['name'] = _name;
$modversion['sub'][2]['url'] = "whatever.php";

comment them out with // this is of course if you want to stop registered members from file submission done like so:

//$modversion['sub'][1]['name'] = _name;

comments can already be turned off.

Quote:
-image resize for thumbnail creation, using GD/GD2/netpbm (coded by myself, donated to the module developer)

You could suggest this to Catz

[Quote]-ability to redesign html layout of the downloads from within the download administration[/quote]

You can already design the lay out in templates admin

Quote:
-passcode check at the time of file download, to prevent leechers

I'm sure there is already leeching in there

Quote:
-ability to limit downloads or categories to certain Groups

I expect knowing how great Catz is he will do this as he has this in most/all his WF modules.

I'm sure Catz would be open to any suggestions, you could try pm'ing him.

Tim Bowers

intel352
  • 2003/11/26 8:26

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

hehe, i was just outlining the features that i could remember from each module, because i know there's more

btw, as far as editing templates in the admin, i assume i would need to clone the default XOOPS templates, edit the clone, and then set it as the default template to use?

it would sure be nice if he included Groups functions, that is one feature that i've always loved having in a CMS (had to use the NukeScripts Groups module for phpnuke, since there is no Groups system built in yet, and that's one reason why i'd like to migrate to xoops)

tom
  • 2003/11/26 8:31

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
btw, as far as editing templates in the admin, i assume i would need to clone the default XOOPS templates, edit the clone, and then set it as the default template to use?

yeah you need to clone then make the clone your default tables, this is so people don't mess up there main ones, should they need to revert back, lol

Quote:
it would sure be nice if he included Groups functions

Like I say knowing Catz most excellent work group features for MyDownloads will come, I expect they will end up coming for all or most modules in the end too.

Tim

Ace02
  • 2003/11/26 20:00

• Ace02

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/26

Well, I have decided to use XOOPS for my new domain I will be getting in january, it will be a gaming site so I only want users to be able to upload .zip files and be able to use .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, and .png files

Login

Who's Online

114 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 114

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits