armonic
blank page during installation under linux when I confirm db settings!!!
  • 2003/11/24 0:07

• armonic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/15

ACTUALLY I GOT THIS SERVER VERSION:
mandrake 9.1 (1.6.91mdk)
apache 2.0.47
php 4.3.1
mysql 4.0.11a - 5.1mdk

i suppose it's a chmod or users/groups related problem arghhhh because i didn't get a blank page under windows environment!

Anyway, on mandrake 9 after the installation step "confirm database setting", i remain with an idiot blank page on the addresshttp://myhost/myurl/install/index.php

Maybe could it be something related to apache 2 new version?
uhmmmm sorry i don't know

HELP ME!!! David

ps. this testX were personally made:

1) install XOOPS under apache windows environment with database configuration pointing at my linux box mysql--> OK

2) installation cross testX with different browsers (konqueror, mozilla, nautilus,bla,bla,bla) from my linux box under windows environment --> ALL OK ! XOOPS seems to hate only my linux/apache environment MySQL WORKS FINE APACHE WORKS FINE BUT MY HEAD CRASHED :( sigh SOS SOS SOS
... --- ... ...---... ...---...

mvandam
Re: blank page during installation under linux when I confirm db settings!!!
  • 2003/11/24 1:27

• mvandam

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/2/7 2

Please turn on PHP debugging and see if you get some error messages. Also see the XOOPS wiki documentation about 'Troubleshooting a Blank Page'.

Have you tested on you linux platform whether MySQL is working properly on its own (i.e. using the MySQL command line interface or phpmyadmin or something)?

nocjock
  • 2003/11/24 4:24

• nocjock

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/3 1

I had this happen to me a couple times too on some of my sites. I was able to get in by changing the address url to siteurl/admin.php and I got a prompt indicating this was my first time logging in, etc,etc . Took me right to home page.

armonic
  • 2003/11/24 10:59

• armonic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/15

thanks to all the replies my friend i really appreciate
your help but the problem still remain :( sigh

in deep:

a) mvandam, MySQL is working fine on linux machine because I installed a XOOPS 2.0.5 on windows environment pointing on a database resident on the linux box! IT SOUNDS GOOD eheh

b) nocjock, calling admin.php give me only another blank page and please note that my installation was not finished yet. THE LAST PAGE I SEE DURING XOOPS INSTALLATION IS "CONFIRM DATABASE SETTING" with db hostname, db username, db name and table prefix! Yesterday I noticed that after the blank page appears even the /index.php located in the root directory becomes fake and it doesn't redirect anymore to /install/index.php so if i want to re-try the installation i need to point my browser directly to /install/index.php manually!

HELP ME HELP ME :) it's an apache 2 related error? it's a wrong php module installation (but a <?php phpinfo();?> tell me it's all ok under linux environment!)

Herko
  • 2003/11/24 11:49

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Try turning on php-debug using the instructions in the XOOPS Wiki. This link points to the correct page, so you don't have to search for it It could be an apache 2 issue, but this site runs on apache 2 as well (but wasn't installed on it)... When you've enabled the phpdebug, we can see what is causing the page to break

Herko

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits