Anonymous
Archive system
  • 2003/11/22 19:44

• Anonymous

• Since:

How about an archive system like vB3 has where all articles and contents set by admin from various modules/bl;ocks are automatically copied to the archive as well. So even if someone deletes an item it is always available in the archive, and have the archive search engine friendly for indexing.

Max

Herko
Re: Archive system
  • 2003/11/22 21:16

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

You're obviously in love with vB3 XOOPS has some archiving functions and features, but not site-wide. We're currently looking at making this possible for the forum, as this was suggested by others as well in the roadmap thread.

Herko

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 22:00

• Anonymous

• Since:

Look, I love vB3 big time. I HATE the price however. I think they charge way too much and are slow to make improvements but the vB3 product as it is is absolutely awsome.

The admin features alone are amazing, the speed is as well and the features it has makes it a GOD compared to other BBs out there.

And yes, the vB3 archive is sweet cause I can block spiders from browsing my whole forum wasing my bandwidth but I can let them index the archive which is graphics free and printer friendly.

Make sense?

Max

shivaji
  • 2003/11/23 4:10

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/18

I am also looking for an Archive system with a features like Document Managemnent system (DMS). DMS module is very diffcult and complicated with no help files at all. Understanding and Settings physical directory path to store files took me 3 days. Archive system is important no doubt but take care of other files (PDF, word) also along with messages from Forum and with a Group Permission facility for accessing files from site.

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits