Anonymous
session_start() error
  • 2003/11/22 20:31

• Anonymous

• Since:

Well, I had XOOPS running on localhost for testing purposes, and it was working fine until yesterday when I couldn't login anymore.

Then, I decided to re-install it, and when installing it, after the admin user/pass screen, it showed this error:
Quote:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\apache\htdocs\modules\system\language\portugues.do.brasil\modinfo.php:1) in c:\apache\htdocs\install\index.php on line 1222

After that I just ignored the error, and finished re-installing it.

But I still couldn't login. So I actived the debug by changing the value on xoops_config, then it showed:
Quote:
Warning [PHP]: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at c:\apache\htdocs\language\portugues.do.brasil\global.php:1) in file c:\apache\htdocs\include\common.php line 158
Warning [PHP]: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at c:\apache\htdocs\language\portugues.do.brasil\global.php:1) in file c:\apache\htdocs\include\common.php line 158

Then, I looked through the forums for a similar thread, and found this one, and applied the "User Session Bug Fix", but I still have the same problem.

Did anyone experience a similar problem?

I'm running Apache 1.3.23, PHP 4.3.4 and MySQL 3.23.48 (I tried to update to 4.0.16 but it couldn't start ^^;)

Sorry for my bad English

Thanks in advance,
-Yuuji

Herko
Re: session_start() error
  • 2003/11/22 21:10

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

These are warnings, and shouldn't give any blank pages. But try setting the language to english and then back to your own portugese language. Maybe that will help...

Herko

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 22:06

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
These are warnings, and shouldn't give any blank pages. But try setting the language to english and then back to your own portugese language. Maybe that will help...

Herko

Oh, thanks pal! That worked...

It's probably because I saved all Portuguese language files as UTF-8 to use unicode as encoding... I tried with the original files and it worked.

So, I can't save them as UTF-8?

Herko
  • 2003/11/22 22:12

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

not if you haven't set the database to be able to handle UTF-8 encoded files. I have an install with UTF-8 encoded SQL files as well as lang files, and did a clean install with that, and it worked. But that was a clean install...

Herko

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 22:33

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
not if you haven't set the database to be able to handle UTF-8 encoded files. I have an install with UTF-8 encoded SQL files as well as lang files, and did a clean install with that, and it worked. But that was a clean install...

Herko

How did you do that?

Could you please, describe it?

Thanks a lot for your quick replies,
-Yuuji

skalpa
  • 2003/11/22 22:39

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

[Edited]
Didn't see you already found the thing.
And Herko > Here these are the PHP files that are encoded in UTF-8, not db info.
So I don't think there is any better solution for this one.

Skalpa.>

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 22:41

• Anonymous

• Since:

It has no space after <?php, it seems like it's something with UTF-8 encoding.

Thanks ^_^

skalpa
  • 2003/11/22 22:44

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Hehe, you're fast man.

But so do I

[edited]
Here is a better link:
it may help you also...
IMO: Try enabling the mbstring extension in php.ini maybe

Skalpa.>

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 22:56

• Anonymous

• Since:

Heh

Okay, I'll check that... Thanks a lot =)

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits