Anonymous
Re: Can somebody please help me? Block issues.
  • 2003/11/22 17:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

Ok, I apologize for my comments. I was simply frustrated. I promise, once I get familiar with this software I will write idiot proof instructions for the help sections and send them to you for review so you can add them to the knowledgebase so others will not have to go throught he same I am.

I too like helping people. I bend over backwards to help people as well and yes it is worth it. BUT I do not like to do things halh ass either. But having had the opportunity to appreciate the complexity of this software I now realize support can be dawnting. So I will help with documentation section once I finish my site and have had a chance to fully explore the software.

again, mea culpa!

Max

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 17:08

• Anonymous

• Since:

Here is what I have in the block contents box:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="14%">
<tr>
<td width="100%"><font face="Arial Narrow">
<a href="http://www.politicsforum.com/home/modules/sections/index.php?op=listarticles&secid=1">
The Conservative View</a></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<a href="http://www.politicsforum.com/home/modules/sections/index.php?op=listarticles&secid=2">
The Liberal View</a></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<a href="http://www.politicsforum.com/home/modules/sections/index.php?op=listarticles&secid=3">
The Libertarian View</a></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<a href="http://www.politicsforum.com/home/modules/sections/index.php?op=listarticles&secid=4">
The Alternative View</a></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<a href="http://www.politicsforum.com/home/modules/sections/index.php?op=listarticles&secid=5">
The Objectivist View</a></font></td>
</tr>
</table>

What link selector are you talking about?

PureLuXus
  • 2003/11/22 20:41

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

ahh ok i see u have done it..
but y u use the old section module? wfsection is much better
and a very good alternative to "today big story" is the spotlight module

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 20:58

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hey thanks. other people have mentioned those so I will run right over and get them. Thanks much!

Max

hsalazar
  • 2003/11/22 21:14

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

vB3Dev:

The link selector is, in CSS speak, the <a> tag, so instead of having:

<a href="some link">Text of the link</a>

you shoulde use

<a class="menuTop" href="some link">Text of the link</a>

for the first link, and

<a class="menuMain" href="some link">Text of the link</a>

for the rest of them.

Now, here's a still easier way. Use the following code instead of yours:

<table cellspacing="0">
  <
tr>
    <
td>
      <
class="menuTop" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/sections/index.php?op=listarticles&secid=1">The Conservative View</a>
      <
class="menuMain" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/sections/index.php?op=listarticles&secid=2">The Liberal View</a>
      <
class="menuMain" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/sections/index.php?op=listarticles&secid=3">The Libertarian View</a>
      <
class="menuMain" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/sections/index.php?op=listarticles&secid=4">The Alternative View</a>
      <
class="menuMain" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/sections/index.php?op=listarticles&secid=5">The Objectivist View</a>
    </
td>
  </
tr>
</
table>

Cheers.

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 21:29

• Anonymous

• Since:

Now I feel like shit. I was complaining about not getting good support and now I am getting superb support.

Thanks you guys so much.
I will do my best to contribute with donations to this project on regular monthly basis.

.....hides his red face :(

Max

PureLuXus
  • 2003/11/22 21:36

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

the support was not allways good like today..
i hope your donations motivate the XOOPS team to work harder then they allready do.
perhaps we get some nice x-mas presents from the XOOPS team *smile*

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/22 21:51

• Anonymous

• Since:

Well, my donation was unconditional. I will continue to donate on regular basis, especially now that I am stuck with Xoops, once I take my site live

BUT, after having a chance to see all the features of the software I have to say they are working very hard indeed. The product is not patchwork, it has a core engine well coded.

No I am not a PHP programmer but I have studied PHP and I am a NT Guru of sorts and I am also geting into Linux and judging from my server load when executing the XOOPS scripts, it is damn well done.

I think the problem is that many users leave once they get their sites done and do not come back here to hang out and give a little back in supporting other new users. I am not going to be one of those.

I may be bold and come across rude to some because I cannot convey my body language and expressions via the internet but I do enjoy helping people. Not for sefless reasons at all. I am a VERY selfish person and that is why I enjoy helping people. That good feeling I get when I help someone is priceless you see, so that is ample reward for me. Nobody can sell me that feeling.

Login

Who's Online

273 user(s) are online (191 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 273

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits