jjcmoney
WF-FAQ - Any way to re-order topics and Categories
  • 2003/11/16 3:34

• jjcmoney

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/10

Hi!

This module is great...the only thing that seems to be missing is a way to order the topics and categories.

Is there a way to do this manually?

Thanks,

Jody

jjcmoney
Re: WF-FAQ - Any way to re-order topics and Categories
  • 2003/11/16 5:30

• jjcmoney

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/10

FYI...I answered my own question.

For the Topics, I used phpmyadmin to change the ID of the individual topic, as this seems to be how they're sorted (perhaps by default...I didn't look that far).

For categories, I changed the index.php files so that the sorting is done by CatID instead of Name. This way, at least I could go into the database and revise the CatID of the individual categories to get them to display in the order required, instead of alphabetically.

Ordering functionality would be very helpful in future versions...

Cheers!

JC

tedsmith
  • 2004/8/30 21:19

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I second this. The re-ordering of the catergories is fine in my case (used the Re-Order Catergory facility). My site is for lost dogs, for which I have around 200 entries in my forum relating to each breed. When I found a handful of breeds I had missed out and wanted to add them (alphabetically) I found that I had to put them at the bottom.

I then found this post https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2784&forum=4#forumpost11617 that would work, except that, in my case, if one of my new topics needed to be added near the start, I'd have to go and sequentially re-number all the 190 or so other topics to follow on (I think?).

Xoops definately requires a way or re-ordering the topics in the next release if that is possible?

brash
  • 2004/8/31 0:02

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Maybe I'm missing something, or am using a different version of WF-FAQ. I'm able to set what order both categories and topics are displayed in by modifying the "weight" field.

Login

Who's Online

543 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 543

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits