cmagana
I need a webhosting with unlimited transfer
  • 2003/11/15 18:05

• cmagana

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

Hello I'm looking for a web hosting with unlimited transfer to host a site with xoops, if anyone knows a hosting with this feature, please send me the information.

thanks.

ararch
Re: I need a webhosting with unlimited transfer
  • 2003/11/15 20:12

• ararch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/15

Try Media3.net they offer unlimited transfer at about 29 dollars a month. Decent tech support. I have hosted a couple of sites there. There unix support is fair but there is no web interface so you will need to get them to set up a MySQL database.

Hope this helps,
Andrew

Draven
  • 2003/11/15 20:30

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Just so you know, there is no such thing as unlimited transfer. Companies may advertise it, but as soon as you start to abuse it, they'll shut you down. Trust me. I am the Web Director for a domain registration and hosting company and I hear it from people everyday. They come to us after their old host shut them down, even though they say "unlimited Bandwidth". All they do is say you're using too much of the servers other resources and you need to go dedicated (Or whatever their higher packages are).

So be carefull. And remeber nothing is ever free, or in this case unlimited.

jhobbs
  • 2003/11/16 1:20

• jhobbs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/4 1

Quote:
Just so you know, there is no such thing as unlimited transfer. Companies may advertise it, but as soon as you start to abuse it, they'll shut you down.
If they don't shut you down, they'll limit throughput so your site will be exceedingly slow. Find an honest host that will work with you, so you're only paying for what you need.

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits