pbaby
site intermittently very, very slow
  • 2003/11/10 15:01

• pbaby

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/10

Hi,
I think my XOOPS site may be being hacked. Starting yesterday afternoon it started responding extremely slowly. In fact it stopped responding at all at one point. I rebooted the server and then everything was fine until late last night.

This morning I tried it again and the had slowness returned. When I say slow I mean it may take as much as 4 or 5 minutes for the site to load and to load a page or module linked from the main site menu or elsewhere on the home page.

Then just a few moments ago, without any action on my part, the site started responding normally again.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Am I being hacked? If so what can I do about it?

deedee
Re: site intermittently very, very slow
  • 2003/11/12 18:22

• deedee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

Are you using a script in any boxes calling for content, banners or images from another site? I'm only asking because that is what I have run into - using news from another site, everytime their site is down, mine is really slow loading. I'll get the header and the rest takes several minutes, then it finally gives up and my page is there, minus the news. Once they are back up, the site loads fast.

techgnome
Re: site intermittently very, very slow
  • 2003/11/12 18:29

• techgnome

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/8/9 5

It could also be a DataBase issue. Depending on the load, the DB could be bogging things down. I've had that happen to me a couple of times.

TG

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits