Lisa_S
Restored Xoops 1.3.10 and mysql backup but...
  • 2003/11/10 20:26

• Lisa_S

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/30

I've gone back to XOOPS 1.3.10 until the issues with upgrading to 2.0.5 and using the existing database are sorted out.

I can get my old theme back after the installation of 1.3.10 but as soon as I use cpanel to restore the MySQL database backup, my website coems up with a XOOPS error, saying "selected module does not exist"!

Is there some way to fix this because obviously the database has set some values that don't exist in the new instalation of 1.3.10. Do I need to upload the backup of the modules folder or something?

svaha
Re: Restored Xoops 1.3.10 and mysql backup but...
  • 2003/11/11 1:43

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

Maybe you removed a module from the host server, but it was not uninstalled first, so it is still present in your database but not on the server. In that case you can upload the specific module and it should work then (if not choose update module)
You can also remove the database entries of that module by hand, but the first method is preferable. (If you don;t want the module anymore just make it not active and uninstall it

Aloha

Lisa_S
  • 2003/11/11 8:32

• Lisa_S

• Just popping in

How do I find out what module is causing this to happen?
It doesn't say!

svaha
  • 2003/11/11 9:19

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

Well, you could go to the system administration menu and set in the preferences Debug mode : PHP debug.
Then you will see a lot of warnings, but also some errors, look at the errors, they will tell you what is missing.

If you still have the modules on your own computer you can also compare the directory structures of your computer and what is on your host with an FTP-program.

Succes

Lisa_S
  • 2003/11/11 9:35

• Lisa_S

• Just popping in

I did a cpanel backup of the entire site and the MySQL database.
problem tho is the backup is in a weird structure, it looks nothing like what the site did when i backed it up. it appears that i have all the same modules on the backup and the new installation.

So I'll try the debug thing.. only problem is, i can't even access admin or anything, the error comes up on ALL pages that I try to access... too tired to deal with this now, i will reinstall XOOPS again with a new database and put the installation in debug mode.. then restore the old database.

Question: If I do that, won't the old database restoration revert whatever settings I have changed (like putting it into debug mode) and thus putting me back to square one?

ripjaws
  • 2003/12/27 4:54

• ripjaws

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/27

I'm new to xoops. So bear with me. I am in a very similar boat to this. We have moved a working install of XOOPS form a linux server form webhost a to a win server at webhost b. DNS has already moved so there is no going back. The site 'comes up' but with the same error you are getting: Selected module does not exist! I also cannot log in as any registered user. I thought it was wfsection but I am not sure. I've tried to 'upgrade' XOOPS but i t just jacks the site all to heck and back. Rolled baack to original backups... wondering if you ever made progress...

svaha
  • 2003/12/27 10:14

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

Two things :
1) Check the content of your mainfile.php in the XOOPS root folder.
Here you will find the virtual and physical path XOOPS uses, and the prefix, username, password for the database.
When you move xoops, this is the file that you must change in order to use XOOPS with the new data.
After changing this file set the properties again to read only with chmod.
2) When moving files it often happens that folders/files that should have the permission 777 have a different property. Check all the files/directories for the right permission.

At last : delete the files in the template_c directory with exception of the index.php file.

Success

ripjaws
  • 2003/12/27 15:39

• ripjaws

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/27

Interesting... the templates_c has nothing in it... permissions are everyone full control (777) in winders.

Any other ideas? I appreciate them so far. :)

svaha
  • 2003/12/27 22:43

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

Please check the mainfile.php in your XOOPS root path and
question : can you reach your site with a browser?

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits