artie
Different look for the blocks
  • 2003/11/8 9:20

• artie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/2 2

I need to have different look for my blocks. On a previous topic, I undestand that you can manage the look of your blocks through their templates.
But, in these template, you can manage the look of the content but not the look of the title of this block.
I suppose you have to work with the files of the theme : theme_blockleft.html...
But how to assign, for ex, a different look for the title of the main menu block and for the user menu block? These two blocks are left blocks...

Thanks for your response.

imagin
Re: Different look for the blocks
  • 2003/11/8 12:36

• imagin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/8

I had by the past the same problem. But at that time I have still no solution. Hope you get more chance....

tjnemez
  • 2003/11/8 12:56

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

you can change block title look by editing your theme css

PureLuXus
  • 2003/11/8 13:07

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

ackbarr use a theme with this feature..
http://ackbarr.greatweb.com/xoops2/modules/news/
download.. read and go ;D

artie
  • 2003/11/8 13:50

• artie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/2 2

Thanks for your response.

I just come from the ackbarr site. He has a solution for my problem. He has modify the content of the following files : theme_blockleft.html and theme_blockright.html, to modify the way the block titles are displayed. He use a much more developped xoops_smarty syntax and call different css.

On the same time, I was searching for a solution more flexible. As the way the titles of the blocks are displayed, is manage by the theme + css. There is perhaps a solution in the xoops_smarty language. Instead of having one theme_blockleft.html, you create as much as you want : theme_blockleft_1.html, theme_blockleft_2.html,... inside your theme. Then, the problem is to call these files in theme.html. Is there a way to call these different files, by using the id of the blocks?
Can we do that with the xoops_smarty variables and syntax?

sunsnapper

Recently, there were posts by Draven and Chapi about techniques to do this. Draven is really stretching the power of Xoops, you might want to see the results at his site.
Draven's Post
Chapi's Post
Draven's site, gaining-mass.com

Note: That thread is already very long and about something else, so if you have a follow-up question about Draven and Chapi's post, please post it in here, in the thread you started.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits