rgiord54
WF Sections
  • 2003/11/7 10:11

• rgiord54

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/4/30

Hello there! is it me, but can't find and more info on WF Sections. The site is closed and there is talk about a new version but can't never find any info on it. Catzwolf are you still out there ? Why is your site down, I'm lost I have a new site and waiting for the new version, but there is no more talk on it. Just wondering
Ralph

marcan
Re: WF Sections
  • 2003/11/7 17:07

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Hey, I'm in the same situation. Just installed WF-Section and I would really like to find some info or documentation on what seems to be a cool module.

Does anyone know of a site that is using this module? Anyone could help with some info?

Thanks for any help !

BelaS
  • 2003/11/7 20:13

• BelaS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/26

I use WF-Sections on two of my sites and am enormously pleased with it. These are:

Internet Ad Sales :http://www.internetadsales.com

(The WF-Sections section is here:http://www.internetadsales.com/xoops/modules/wfsection/ - content is rather slim at the moment)

and

Office Diversions :http://www.officediversions.com.

We have a large jokes and office humor section which will go live in a few days, developed in WF-Section. It's a good deal more customized than the Internet Ad Sales solution, but at the moment it's only visible to admins. We'll go live with it by the middle of next week.

The version we're using on Office Diversions was downloaded from here:http://modules.xoops2.com/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=1 -- found through a Google dig, although the top areas of the xoops2.com site seem to be inactive as of this writing, as you mentioned.

I, too, am curious as to the current and future status of that which I find to be one of the most useful XOOPS enhancements around. Catzwolf? Anyone?

Regards,

Béla

tom
  • 2003/11/7 21:12

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Catz is very busy at the moment concentrating on Xoops, as you prob seen from the latest addition to the MYDownload module for XOOPS (With upload cap), but I do know there is a new and more advanced version coming with various modifications and tweaks.

I also believe WFSections will replace the default XOOPS sections, as WFSections shows the power of XOOPS on a much better level.

Here is the news article that was found at WFSections:

Quote:
Over the last month or so I have been working away on improving WF-Sections for XOOPS users, this new version is close to a release and I pleased with the result so far and I hope everyone who uses WF-Section will be the same.

Well the count is in for the poll and I pleased with the result and I would like to thank everyone who voted (Which everway you did ) and the result was overwhelming to say the least.

The good news is that WF-Section WILL be replacing the outdated Sections module as the number one article management module for XOOPS user and this will happen from XOOPS v2.1.0.

Again, I would like to thank everyone for their support over the last few months and to all, Happy Xoopsing

ATB

Catz

I should be able to get hold of Wf-Section v1.0.1, but personaly I would wait for the next version as I believe this version to have a few bugs in.

Hope this is of help.

rgiord54
  • 2003/11/7 23:14

• rgiord54

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/4/30

It all sounds good, but why is his site down and when is the new XOOPS coming out so I can use the new version of wf sections?

tom
  • 2003/11/7 23:36

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

The new version of WFSections may or may not be our before but your answer to the XOOPS release date lays within another post.

xoops 2.1 release date

Quote:
All I can say about this is NO date has been set in any way whatsoever. Now let me make this as clear as I possibly can: please please please don't start asking about release dates now. Version 2.0.5 is just out, and if you read the wishlist (NOT a list of features that will be added in 2.1), you'll see that there is a lot of work still. XOOPS is quality software, and that is why many people choose XOOPS, this also means that the devs think the features over and through very very well, and quality takes time.

So, no more posts like this please, we'll announce it when we will release alpha's and beta's and RC's when the time is right

Herko

As I stated WFSections maybe out before 2.1 of xoops, but this varies on Catz work load as he's working hard on XOOPS along with other dedicated team members.

I'm sorry I can't offer further details.

comegona
  • 2003/11/11 0:44

• comegona

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/9

Sorry about this, but what is WFSections? I know of WF-FAQ.

mCity
  • 2003/11/11 7:51

• mCity

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/31

For any Xoops's module you want to know, you may find by simply type the name "WF Sections" in advanced search with checked modules/themes. Then, you will get a list, and you will get WF-Sections

Hope this help.

BelaS
  • 2003/11/11 14:47

• BelaS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/26

As I mentioned above, a large chunk of our OfficeDiversions.com site uses WF-Sections. This area is now live, and is a rather nice application of the module if I do say so myself:

http://officediversions.com/discover/modules/wfsection/

It gives some sense of what WF-Sections can do, although we aren't using all of the amazing features of the module.

Cheers,

Béla

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits