feral1
Edit / delete problem with newbb
  • 2003/11/1 5:08

• feral1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/13

I have a site running XOOPS 2.5

The site has several access levels. Above registered users, is a category called ‘members’. Members have access to various features not available to others, including a Forum which runs on newbb. Only members can access the Forum, Until today, only Admin has been able to edit and delete posts, although I’ve been looking forward to sharing moderation rights with other members (it's great newbb allows for that).

So far, so good… Then, a day ago, I installed a second instance of newbb, trying to follow piecemeal instructions elsewhere on this site.. I wanted to set up a more public forum in addition to the first (Members) forum. The Public Forum would be viewable by all, and have a different posting rights set-up.

In the end, I gave up and de=installed the second instance. Lacking explicit instructions on how to set up a second, totally independent instance of newbb, I got in a mess. I found that tables interfered with each other – when I added a category or forum to one forum, it turned up in the other…

At some point I’d like to get back to this attempt – and wondered if anyone can provide explicit, complete instructions on how to set up a second instance of newbb on XOOPS 2.5+ ?

However, in the meantime, I’ve got a critical problem. My existing Members Forum, as far as I can tell, is unchanged except in one crucial respect: every member can now edit and delete ALL other members posts!

According to the settings in my newbb admin panel, moderation rights have not been altered from before (only Admin is listed as moderator in each case)

Can anyone please suggest what may have gone wrong here and how to fix it? Previouslý Members could edit their own posts – but not others’ posts - unless expressly given the right to moderate a particular forum. That’s how forums usually work - such as this one.

Any help getting my forum back to normal would be greatly appreciated.

feral1
Re: Edit / delete problem with newbb
  • 2003/11/4 14:58

• feral1

• Just popping in

Back to normal. It turned out the problem was that i hadn't completely de-installed the second, unsuccessful installation of the newbb.

I'd still love to get some explicit instructions for creating multiple instances of modules, especially newbb.

BTW, XOOPS is fantastic! IMHO.

mike--h
  • 2003/11/4 21:17

• mike--h

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/22

check out pettitxoops they have what seems to be a clone of newbb called newbb2
installed it and seems no probs so far
mike

feral1
  • 2003/11/6 19:55

• feral1

• Just popping in

Thanks Mike.

Sounds good... but I can't find a link.

Have you got the download URL for newbb2.

mike--h
  • 2003/11/6 20:08

• mike--h

• Just popping in

http://petitoops.net/

not sure if have to login

its in the mydownloads
hope helps
mike

feral1
  • 2003/11/7 9:13

• feral1

• Just popping in

Thanks again Mike.

Just FYI, I went there, registered - but download was broken.

I've emailed them.

Guess I need to start a new thread about duplicating modules.

mike--h
  • 2003/11/7 9:51

• mike--h

• Just popping in

just read his reply he says theres a pm for you

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits