kahumbu
Moderator not a moderator
  • 2003/11/6 21:18

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Hi,

I have a problem with the newbb forum in my local test server which is a mirror of my website. I have a "registered user" as moderator, which I assigned from the Systems Admin menu (Edit Forum). Inside the forum, when viewing a thread as the registered user/moderator I am able to see the 4 small buttons below (lock, move, delete, sticky). But when I click on the buttons, I am redirected stating that I am not a moderator of this forum when I am. I log out and log in as admin, everything works fine.

Some of the things I did to try to 'solve' the problem (most came from here):
1. I synched the forum. Problem not solved.
2. I synched the user info. Not solved.
3. I updated the module through system admin-->modules. Not solved.
4. I repaired all bb tables and user table through phpMyAdmin. Not solved.
5. I took out the member as moderator, logged out, logged in again as admin, put him back as moderator. Not solved.

I haven't had any reports about this from my website moderators, but since my local XOOPS is a mirror of the live one, I am a bit worried that this might happen to the site.

Thanks!

DFBH13
Re: Moderator not a moderator
  • 2003/11/6 21:48

• DFBH13

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/26

That does sound like a wierd problem.

Catzwolf
  • 2003/11/6 22:31

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Does this happen just with registered users that you make 'moderators' or with everyone?

This could be a small bug, we will look into this one for you.

Can you switch register_globals to 'on' in php.ini and see if the problem persists. (Just to test, switch it back again thou )

kahumbu
  • 2003/11/7 4:53

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

I'll verify if it just happens to all registered users as moderator, or just this one specific user as moderator. If user is webmaster, there is no problem with the buttons below.

I'll do as you said with the register_globals and check the problem.

Thanks!

kahumbu
  • 2003/11/7 13:06

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

I've verified it: all registered users assigned as moderators are redirected--saying that they are not moderators--after clicking the buttons below. But admin/webmaster accounts have no problems.

I've also tested the problem with register_globals on and the problem was 'solved' for the registered user/moderator. But when I turned if off again, the problem was back.

What could be the problem? I'll turn on debugging and post the messages here if that will help.

Thanks!

chapi
  • 2003/11/7 13:13

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

Btw, i reported to Herko this week, that I have the same problem here at xoops.org.

onokazu
  • 2003/11/7 14:46

• onokazu

• XOOPS Founder

• Since: 2001/12/13

Yes, this was a bug. Here is the patch that I committed on CVS:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xoops/xoops2/modules/newbb/templates/newbb_thread.html?r1=1.3&r2=1.4

Make sure that you update the module after adding the patch so that the modified version of the template file will be used.

Herko
  • 2003/11/7 14:49

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

kazu, has the patch been applied to the forums here as well? because that's what chapi reported... It happens here as well.

Herko

onokazu
  • 2003/11/7 14:59

• onokazu

• XOOPS Founder

• Since: 2001/12/13

Herko, I don't think so unless someone already has done it, since I do not have the ftp access to this site anymore.

kahumbu
  • 2003/11/7 16:23

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

Quote:

onokazu wrote:
Yes, this was a bug. Here is the patch that I committed on CVS:
url deleted
Make sure that you update the module after adding the patch so that the modified version of the template file will be used.

Hi onokazu,

Thanks for the patch. I'm not sure if chapi and I have the same problem, but the patch for the newbb_thread, if I am correct, allows moderators to delete and edit individual posts. I have installed that patch and it works fine.

It's the 4 buttons below that gives registered users/moderators the problem, i.e. they can't do anything for the whole topic thread. They can't move, edit, delete or make it sticky. They can manipulate individual posts but if they use the 4 small buttons below, it would redirect them with the message that they are not moderators.

Hmmm... if the viewer_is_admin works for individual posts, then the 'registered user/moderator' is recognized as a moderator by viewtopic.php. But when he tries to do something with the 4 small buttons, he is redirected by topicmanager.php because he is not a moderator. But with register_globals on, it works fine.

I'm not really knowledgeable about PHP, but I just try to follow the flow of the problem. BTW, I'm using 2.0.5 (patched from 2.0.3).

Thanks for the help!

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits