ukandrewf
Re: Item-Specific Page Titles in News, wfsection
  • 2003/6/25 10:44

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

Quote:
$xoopsTpl->assign('xoops_pagetitle', htmlentities($xoopsModule->name() . ' -' . $article->title()));

this worked great! I assume by changing theme.php to show title as <{$xoops_pagetitle}> - <{$xoops_sitename}> i can have the module and page appear before the site name in the title.

what I'd really like it 'article name - module' i thought I didn't know enough code to do this but it appears I do so just for anyone else's info.
Quote:
$xoopsTpl->assign('xoops_pagetitle', htmlentities($article->title() . ' - ' . $xoopsModule->name()));

Also for me the weblinks section is critical how would i add code to that module?

thanks

Andrew

Catzwolf
  • 2003/6/27 22:56

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

ukandrewf wrote:
Quote:
$xoopsTpl->assign('xoops_pagetitle', htmlentities($xoopsModule->name() . ' -' . $article->title()));

this worked great! I assume by changing theme.php to show title as <{$xoops_pagetitle}> - <{$xoops_sitename}> i can have the module and page appear before the site name in the title.

what I'd really like it 'article name - module' i thought I didn't know enough code to do this but it appears I do so just for anyone else's info.
Quote:
$xoopsTpl->assign('xoops_pagetitle', htmlentities($article->title() . ' - ' . $xoopsModule->name()));

Also for me the weblinks section is critical how would i add code to that module?

thanks

Andrew

I have added this to WF-Section v1 So no need to hack at the files

ukandrewf
  • 2003/6/30 9:52

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

thanks Catzwolf and btw wf sections is awsome. One suggestion is there anyway to allow me to configure access rights on a per category/section basis?

Also and back to the orginal topic - can anyone help me with the code I'd need to do for weblinks? This is really important for me.

Andrew

kaper
  • 2003/10/12 20:07

• kaper

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/26

It works (I applied it to News), but national characters are not displayed correctly. E.g. a quote (' " ') is displayed as '& quot ;'. Without the hack, national characters in site's and module's title are OK. I use ISO-8859-2. What's wrong?

Kaper

BelaS
  • 2003/11/3 16:43

• BelaS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/26

I've now added this little tweak to the Description field as well, i.e.:

<meta name="description" content="<{$xoops_pagetitle}> at <{$xoops_meta_description}>" />

which suits the purposes of this particular site nicely. I found it troublesome to browse Google's page results and simply read the same description over and over again. This at least appends the article title to the beginning of the site-wide meta-description, which is slightly more, shall we say, descriptive. It's not ideal, however. It would be better to add a short "summary" or "abstract" field to the News module, defined by article writers at posting-time, which would replace the meta_description field when users (more specifically, search engine spiders) view an article. If I get around to doing it, I'll post it here. If someone beats me to it, please post it!

See this tweak in action here:

http://www.officediversions.com

mike--h
Re: Item-Specific Page Titles in News, wfsection.. and newbb
  • 2003/11/3 20:08

• mike--h

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/22

Being trying to get this work for a few other modules such as
newbb
but no joy!
take it that it is a case of exchanging $article with say $subject
but just results in blank page
anyhelp or pointers
thanks

mike--h
  • 2003/11/6 3:55

• mike--h

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/22

just wondering if this is possible with newbb as it does work in news and wfsections
anyone done it or advice

kenogui
  • 2004/3/31 12:49

• kenogui

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/19

this hack works just fine, but the main pb is that it's not working anymore if you have cache enabled on your site !

any idea about that ? just try to see twice a news uncached/then cached and you will see ...

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits