acgreen
Adjusting tmp-folder in Xoops
  • 2003/11/5 17:18

• acgreen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/3

Unfortunately on my webserver the tmp-folder for uploads via php is in a different path than XOOPS is looking for. Is there any way to adjust the path in XOOPS so my users will be able to upload their own pictures?

Jan304
Re: Adjusting tmp-folder in Xoops
  • 2003/11/5 21:33

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

The tmp folder of your webserver is REALLY temporaly, so, most of the time after some time (end of creation of all files), the folder is emptied...

Why not just chmod the folders? Or isn't your host allowing that? (If ya using Lycos or anything like that, give up and use decent host... )

Edit: do you really mean the temporaly map? XOOPS uses (I think, not sure) the one that is set in php. Your host might wanne correct their settings if this is the case...

acgreen
  • 2003/11/6 15:01

• acgreen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/3

The thing is - XOOPS seems to temporarily store the uploaded files (icons, avatars ...) at "/tmp/[tempfilename]". The Server that we have our files on has a basedir_restriction and the tmp-folder lies parallel to our html/php files (e.g. "/home/www/username/tmp/[tempfilename]"). That's the reason why we can't upload files via xoops.

I wrote php-files which handled uploading files in the past on that server and it worked. That's why I was wondering if there's any way to adjust the tmp-Folder in xoops. Otherwise I have to find out if someone has done changes to the php installation.

Jan304
  • 2003/11/6 15:22

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

I dislike by all means that hosts incorrectly use th openbasedir principe...

You might wanne check class/uploader.php since every upload in XOOPS uses that class. Goodluck.

onokazu
  • 2003/11/6 15:25

• onokazu

• XOOPS Founder

• Since: 2001/12/13

Try asking the server admin to let you allow uploads to /tmp, or ask if they can change the location of /tmp directory to where you have access to

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits