FastEddie
PostgreSQL support?
  • 2002/2/6 2:44

• FastEddie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/6 2

This looks AWESOME! I have a site and content for it all planned out, but I am trying to find the "right" CMS for it.

I know there are plans to support multiple databases, including PostgreSQL, but when is this planned?

I have been searching all over for over a year, for a CMS/Portal that supports PHP/PostgreSQL, and have come up empty. I have followed many CMS projects that "plan" on supporting pgsql, but none have yet.

I would be happy to test any betas with pgsql support. If anyone knows of any other CMS's that do support pgsql, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
-Eddie

onokazu
Re: PostgreSQL support?
  • 2002/2/6 4:16

• onokazu

• XOOPS Founder

• Since: 2001/12/13

Yes, we will be working on that, but it may be after the final release

volker
Re: PostgreSQL support? Why not ADODB?
  • 2002/2/27 15:22

• volker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/27

Hello,

one more supported database is fine, but why not use the ADODB-lib. So we could have a lot of supported databases. It is also Open-Source and under the GNU/BSD licence.[quote]

<small>[ Edited by volker on 2002/2/27 15:22:32 ]</small>

FastEd
  • 2003/10/24 6:16

• FastEd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/24

Any update on this? I know several others who would love to use XOOPS on their site (including me) but the lack of pgsql support is the setback.

Are there any plans to include pgsql support in a near future release?

Thanks!
-Ed

onokazu
  • 2003/10/24 14:25

• onokazu

• XOOPS Founder

Yes, we're still planning to add PGSQL support as soon as possible.

einsturz
  • 2003/10/25 8:28

• einsturz

• Just popping in

Do you know if this is something that's in the works now, or just on the todo list? I ask because I've started hacking in pgsql support and am curious if it's a duplication of efforts. If someone else is working on it, it would be great to discuss strategy with them...

onokazu
  • 2003/10/26 10:40

• onokazu

• XOOPS Founder

We're still on the planning phase, on the todo list.

FastEddie
  • 2003/10/29 0:17

• FastEddie

• Just popping in

It sounds like a few are interested in moving this forward. The complaint I've heard with PHPNuke is the codebase is so sloppy and insecure. The plus I've heard about XOOPS is that its codebase is very clean and efficient.

There are *NO* CMS' that I have found in my 1.5+ years of searching that truly support PostgreSQL and are worthy of using. If XOOPS is the first, that would be a HUGE step forward ahead of the pack.

How can we help to get this moving forward. Is there someone or a group that we can communicate with?

-Ed

einsturz
  • 2003/10/30 23:07

• einsturz

• Just popping in

I've got the installer, base, and all modules functioning with PostgreSQL now. For the most part it works, but there's still some bugs which I'm working on. A big one seems to be with Smarty... it's creating an empty system_redirect.html template for some reason.

Is anyone interested in helping me test and/or develop the rest of this? It would be nice to get these changes applied to the source tree so XOOPS can officially support PostgreSQL. How should I go about submitting it all for review? Thanks.

Nate

FastEddie
  • 2003/10/30 23:14

• FastEddie

• Just popping in

einsturz, that is amazing! Nice work! Hopefully your hard work will be incorporated into the XOOPS development source tree and they can move forward. This is definitely a huge step ahead for Xoops, and if they can fully incorporate your work, XOOPS would be the first CMS to fully support PGSQL. Do any fully support anything other than MySQL? :)

NICE WORK EINSTURZ!
-Ed

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits