PureLuXus
Re: XoopsGallery and WaterMakring Revisited
  • 2003/10/23 1:23

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

in bama gallery 2.3 for e-xoops is a copyright (watermark) feature
perhaps its easier to port it then yours?

http://service.bama-webdesign.de/modules/mydownloads/

gstarrett
  • 2003/10/23 3:21

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/3/12

You keep sending me to German sites... so I added a bookmark to bablefish on my hotlist so I don't have to keep typing it in

Lemme see if I understand what the request is here, because there's a few options out there with the different patches available. Did you want:

1) A permenant mark on [some|all] uploaded pictures to the gallery? Full size / resize / thumbs?

2) A mark that only appears when linked from another site? (That's a .htaccess hook, which doesn't have anything to do with Gallery per-se).

3) Some sort of invisible mark (I had a hard time understanding the bablefish translater--tech talk is hard to translate like that I guess).

I could see adding on #2 onto the XoopsGallery if I can get the patch working, and add it as an option on a per-album basis perhaps.

gniknalu
  • 2003/10/23 3:45

• gniknalu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/28

German?

I'd say #1 "A permenant mark on [some|all] uploaded pictures to the gallery? Full size / resize / thumbs?"

Just like the examples on this site.

Thanks,

Gnik

gstarrett
  • 2003/10/23 6:08

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
gniknalu wrote:
German?

I'd say #1 "A permenant mark on [some|all] uploaded pictures to the gallery? Full size / resize / thumbs?"

Just like the examples on this site.

Thanks,

Gnik

Luxus is German, and the site he referenced was in German (http://service.bama-webdesign.de/modules/mydownloads/), and there were others he's pointed me to before that. He was also one of the more vocal testers on this XoopsGallery update, and a great guy.

Like you said... back to the topic at hand. I took a look at the mod and found a couple of things: It looks like something I can put into XoopsGallery. It's not a permenant mark--it adds it as the pic is being pulled from the server, so it is trivial to work around. It's also using gd2 which I know little about (and why use that instead of NetPBM or ImageMagick that is already required by XoopsGallery--not that I know much about them either).

It is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure that the patch in it's current form would do what you really need. It might be better off hooked through the preprocess routine when an image is added to the gallery--then it would be permenant (and won't require being run every time the image is called, so it's better for busier sites). I'm going to stop short of saying anything definate, but I'll take a look.

gniknalu
  • 2003/10/23 13:44

• gniknalu

• Just popping in

Quote:
Like you said... back to the topic at hand. I took a look at the mod and found a couple of things: It looks like something I can put into XoopsGallery. It's not a permenant mark--it adds it as the pic is being pulled from the server, so it is trivial to work around. It's also using gd2 which I know little about (and why use that instead of NetPBM or ImageMagick that is already required by XoopsGallery--not that I know much about them either).

It is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure that the patch in it's current form would do what you really need. It might be better off hooked through the preprocess routine when an image is added to the gallery--then it would be permenant (and won't require being run every time the image is called, so it's better for busier sites). I'm going to stop short of saying anything definate, but I'll take a look.

I prefer leaving the originals alone . . . I'll research alternatives and will present you some ideas on the xoopsgallery site (with a new thread). I found more watermark scripts but they all seem to require GD. (A great many people compile PHP with some sort of GD support anyway.) So I'll do more testing then post the results.

THANKS!

Gnik

gstarrett
  • 2003/10/23 15:47

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:
I prefer leaving the originals alone . . .

Probably better served with a .htaccess solution instead then--that way you can stamp the images stamped no matter how they are retrieved off the server.

gniknalu
  • 2003/10/24 20:33

• gniknalu

• Just popping in

I posted the results of my successful Watermark experiment on the official XOOPS Gallery site.

Gnik

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits