chosen
I need a real fast Theme..Suggestions?
  • 2003/10/14 7:31

• chosen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/3 1

Hi everyone..
My page loads are slow as you will notice HERE. I need a light and really fast theme, no matter how simple it looks..Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Herko
Re: I need a real fast Theme..Suggestions?
  • 2003/10/14 7:57

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

It may not be your theme that's making your page load slow, more often it is that a page loads external content. But a simple and fast theme is Nautis's, which is clean, nice and very light

Herko

brash
  • 2003/10/14 8:29

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I don't think it's your theme causing your slow loading times. From what I've found, XOOPS site load times come back to three main factors;

1 - Fast & fat connection to Internet with an ISP hooked directly into the main Internet backbone.

2 - Fast server to serve web server, process PHP scripts and do requested queries on your MySQL database.

3 - Streamline the amount of content/images loaded on site as much as possible. From what I saw of your site there were probably 10 or so images on the main screen, of which some where quite hefty in size.

I've been having the same problem on my site to a lesser extent, and have so far things seem to be pointing toward a server upgrade. My suggestion would be to go into system admin -> preferences -> general preferences and enable Block/MySQL debugging and just see exactly how many queries are being run on your server on each site load, and also what the execution time is.

chosen
  • 2003/10/14 10:14

• chosen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/3 1

Yes I turned debugging on and 27 queries are executed in 3.8087469339371 seconds.What do you think? Actually every user complains about the top page loading in more than 20 seconds:(

The images are all in GIF and not so big in size (5-6 kb max-Is this too much?), but even so I'll resize them.

I looked at Nautis's theme, and yes, it is light and very fast!!Is it available for download? I searched the XOOPS Site, but couldn't find it..Does anyone know where I can get it?

brash
  • 2003/10/14 11:16

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

What server hardware do you have? My server is only a PIII 550 and it's able to process 90 queries in about 1.1 seconds. Idealy your server should complete it's processing in under .5 of a second for each site load.

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits