Anonymous
Re: time to say goodbye to newbb?
  • 2003/10/13 5:19

• Anonymous

• Since:

this is great news, catz. i just pulled the plug on the ipb mod. i love the forum but got aggravated at the upgrade path issues. i think that another reason people dislike newbb is because it looks pretty lame, no matter which theme you use. this is related more to an inconsistent implementation of smarty than anything being wrong with newbb though.

in the meantime, a few changes in your theme css and you can make the board feel more integrated into your site. i can't wait for 2.1.

matthew / www.nautis.com

mCity
when will be the time to say good Day to newbb2
  • 2003/10/13 13:58

• mCity

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/31

Quote:

by Catzwolf on 2003/7/8 wrote:

I was halfway through enhancing newbb for XOOPS version 1 and I was thinging about continuing this for XOOPS version 2.

Most of the work is there and could be easily hacked into newbb for xoops2 but it would take me a while. I may try and get a few people to help me on this one.

Catz, I would like to let you know that we waited for you to release your newbb2(Xoops 2.1.0) for three months. Would you tell us how many percent in your remainder and when will you release it in your estimation. If you finished it and now code for upgrade part, would you release it first and release the upgrade later?

Also, if possible, would you stop browsing forum and making answer for anything else before you complete it.

mCity

PureLuXus
Re: when will be the time to say good Day to newbb2
  • 2003/10/13 14:51

• PureLuXus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 2

yeah
i test the ibf...
there a many things i like
and many i hate..
at most the poor intigration..
its dont looks xoopsy

but what i like is the inbox..
is someone working on the pmstuff?
if not i will try to enhance it and release it

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

nautis wrote:
i think that another reason people dislike newbb is because it looks pretty lame, no matter which theme you use. this is related more to an inconsistent implementation of smarty than anything being wrong with newbb though.

I actually like the look of NewBB. Simple and clean.

*shrug*

halki
  • 2003/12/27 22:13

• halki

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/27

Some of these might be in newBB already, I only tested it long enough to see it fell short of my needs (no offense).

Far more extensive permissions, including layered groups.
Private forums unviewable except to those who have perms (meaning noone should even see it is there unless they belong).
Polls in topics.
Subscribe to topics with email digest option.
Very granular permission options.
Integrated and improved private message system.
Mass delete of posts and topics, and ability to delete individual posts.
Auto prune with delete or archive option.
Not sure if this is already there as I havent tested this far - but topic splitting and moving, including option to move single posts.
Better reorganization options (it was easier to edit the db tables than to try and rearrange a large complex forum with the included tools).
Better user ban controls.
Posts included on reply pages so you can easily reference what you are responding to.
File attach options.
Email via board address masking.
Print format view.
Flood control.
Duplicate post detection (for those who are to impatient and just have to click submit twice).
Calendar/event system.
Moderator logging (to keep track of what they are doing) including rollback options to undo mistakes they might make.
RSS options for keeping a close eye on topics or whole categories.
Detailed board statistics.
One click board backups.
PM notification, and read receipts.

One more I just noticed.. After posting.. return to where your post is instead of top of the thread.
*sigh* and another... It will have to be easy to transfer all of the old data to newbb regardless of the size of the forum :)

xgarb
Re: time to say goodbye to newbb? - PM notification
  • 2004/4/18 12:13

• xgarb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/3/30

There's a thread here about PM -> email notification

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=17034&forum=7

xgarb

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits