iamdesi
adding modules to my xoops?
  • 2003/10/10 4:19

• iamdesi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/9

hi, i see all of these downloadable modules for XOOPS and what i'm wondering is how to add them to xoops? i downloaded some and i don't know how to add them to my current xoops. i have xoops.2.0.5 version. could you please let me knw step by step of how to add a the downloaded modules?

wtravel
Re: adding modules to my xoops?

Hi,

In your download the folder containing the main php files, like index.php and xoops_version.php is the main folder.

Upload the main folder and all files and subfolders in it to your module directory.

If any additional action is needed, like change directory permissions, best do this before you start using the new module. If changing permissions is needed, this will usually be mentioned in the download section where you got the files from. If nothing is mentioned there it should (normally) not be necessary and you can simply start up the module.

To start up the module, go to the XOOPS admin section of your site and then navigate to modules. You will see all installed modules and below you will see all installable modules including the newly uploaded module. Click the button with mouse over text 'install' and then in the next window confirm installation.

Your module is active now, but in order to let members and guests use it, make sure the can view the module. You will have to check if group permissions for these groups are set to view this module. Also do this in the XOOPS admin menu in the section 'groups'.

Good luck!

Martijn

iamdesi
  • 2003/10/10 14:31

• iamdesi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/9

hey brother thanks for telling me how to install the modules. now the other thing is that i wana add my own html or php pages. like when u gotohttp://www.iamdesi.com/t3/html/ theres nuthin in the middle of the template how would i add it? and i just added the multi menu module how would i intergrate the links in the template?

Mithrandir

Administration Menu -> System Admin -> Preferences -> General Preferences -> Set start page to the module of your choice

wtravel

Hi,

I am not sure what kind of content you would like to add, but you can try to install the module wf-sections and see if that serves your needs.

Otherwise you would have to create your own module. I did that for my site, for example http://www.worldtravelpublishers.com/modules/packing/

Anyway, if I were you I would try wf-sections first since it is much easier in use.

Best regards,

Martijn

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits