builderb
Re: Business Directory Created
  • 2003/9/22 19:42

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/4 2

I FIXED IT!

I found the problem in admin/index.php @ line #950 I forgot to add the following:

$address = $HTTP_POST_VARS['address'];
$city = $HTTP_POST_VARS['city'];
$state = $HTTP_POST_VARS['state'];
$zip = $HTTP_POST_VARS['zip'];
$phone = $HTTP_POST_VARS['phone'];

It works now! I guess I just need a pair of fresh eyes to find the problem.

The zip file is now updated with all the working files.

Whew, I feel better now

bobdt
  • 2003/9/22 19:46

• bobdt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/11

GREAT!!! YEA!!!

Ummm... An litle add the fax number and the address1 + address2

hehehe...

Bob

builderb
  • 2003/9/22 20:00

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

Now that I have the current version working correctly I'll go forward and start adding new fields like address2, fax, email, country, etc.

But before I do that my #1 priority right now is enabling "category sponsorships" where I can give a listing a "premium" status and that listing will show up at the top of their category in a highlighted box and since I'm just a hacker and not a programmer it may take me awhile. Unless there is a programmer out there willing to take on this task

I'll post any updates here.

bobdt
  • 2003/9/22 23:27

• bobdt

• Just popping in

Yes, good idea very good but think at this... If I post an "business" I must be an registred user (and this is not a problem) but only I can change the info of the post because I'm the owner (or the webmaster/administrator) and the possibility of change the owner of the post.

Example you post 100 company info of your city and 10 of this want be "premium" you can give an registration at the portal and change the owner for you to that company than the company can update the info and that info in normaly post is "simple" (basic level) the "premium" (premium level)have more detail and 3 picture whit an formmail for direct contact (like privacy mail). All this is because if we insert the email of 100 company someone can take all the email and use it for smamming.

Good is an expiration time for the premium, after an fixed time (1 mont, 1 year,etc...) that account will back "basic account" and the detail of the list stay in db but back "basic" but not lost only partial obscured.

Bob

Wingz
  • 2003/9/22 23:54

• Wingz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

Hi Bobdt, thanks for that. I edited the fields in the SQL file and the install now works. Now I guess I have to wait until the submit bug is fixed. Good work so far.

beppe
  • 2003/9/23 0:20

• beppe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/22

Hi dears..

I'm working on this module..

I've found another bug.. and solved it.

If u see, in administration section, u can find something strange in "User Listing Modification Requests".

Pay attention. When a simple user (not an admin) edits a link, u must approve it from Administration. So u must access "User Listing Modification Requests" section. Here, u can see old values 4 that record, and new values proposed by the user. Yet, it seems new values r not correct.. And "submitter" field is blank. Really, in description field, is shown not the description but the user id. So.. i've found the error in the code.

in admin.php on line 543, in the function listModReq() there's a problem in the while-statement. Or better.. in list() used in the while statement. In the code is:

while ( list($requestid, $lid, $cid, $title, $address, $city, $state, $zip, $phone, $url, $email, $logourl, $description, $submitterid)=$xoopsDB->fetchRow($result) )

but Email field is not set in MySQL table.

So this line is to be replaced with

while ( list($requestid, $lid, $cid, $title, $address, $city, $state, $zip, $phone, $url, $logourl, $description, $submitterid)=$xoopsDB->fetchRow($result) ) {

Greetings from Italy
Byezzz
Beppe

beppe
  • 2003/9/23 0:24

• beppe

• Just popping in

Quote:
Hi Bobdt, thanks for that. I edited the fields in the SQL file and the install now works. Now I guess I have to wait until the submit bug is fixed. Good work so far.

Submit bug is caused by forgotten vars in sprintf function before the query..

builderb
  • 2003/9/23 5:50

• builderb

• Not too shy to talk

That's correct. I fixed the files today(09/22/2003) and added them to the zip file you can see my post earlier at the top of this page. You can either modify your existing files with the fixes mentioned in this post or download the zip file here

I fixed the other bug that Beppe brought up and added that to the zip file too. Good job Beppe!! This is why I love working with GPL and the XOOPS community!

Post any bugs/fixes here so we're all aware of them.

Thanks,

Builderb

bobdt
  • 2003/9/23 7:22

• bobdt

• Just popping in

Builderb, Beppe is great I know well this we work in team here in Italy... hehehe

Bob

beppe
  • 2003/9/23 14:18

• beppe

• Just popping in

There's an error in the latest admin/index.php file

Error occurs in new link validation section, when u must approve a new link. The page doesn't load correctly, many fields are omitted and there are no buttons in the form.

The problem is on line 139 of admin/index.php file

The line is

echo "<textarea name=description cols=\"60\" rows=\"5\">$description</text>\n";

to be replaced with

echo "<textarea name=description cols=\"60\" rows=\"5\">$description</textarea>\n";

Infact close tag is </text> instead of </textarea>, so all html code after is inserted into textarea box.

Byezz
Beppe

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits