Catzwolf
Re: WF-Sections V1 Released
  • 2003/7/1 22:49

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

rgiord54 wrote:
Thanks Catz, I tried on a test site un-install it also and started fresh and same thing. It never did it with b5..
Ralph

I have fixed this and you should be able to upload etc with the next bug release (shortly)

ATB

Catz

Anonymous
  • 2003/7/2 0:15

• Anonymous

• Since:

catz, excellent code writing ... this is really well done.

i'm a newbie to zoops i have a question about wf (for anyone). i would like to strip out some of the tables and create an article (with attachements) database similar to this:

http://www.sheldrake.org/papers/

my goal is to create a place to post academic papers with abstracts in the body of the page with the option to download the entire paper in word or pdf format.

i would like to strip out the database feel and make into more of a yahoo style hierarchy (like the one at sheldrake.org). catz has done all the heavy lifting i just need to know where i can modify the look and feel without compromising the module. if anyone has tried customizing this module in this way please let me know. i would be very grateful.

thank you.

- matthew

Catzwolf
  • 2003/7/2 0:31

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Hi Matthew,

Most of what you are looking for is in the index.php file. Most of the vars have been setup before the html part. You could quite easily modify the look without changing to much of WF-Section core code.

To change the look of the article, look in article.php, again most of the important stuff has been done beforehand.

but incase you did not know, WF-Section allows you to choose which area of the table to show, in otherwords you could just choose to show the article title and nothing else.

hope this helps

Anonymous
  • 2003/7/2 0:37

• Anonymous

• Since:

catz -

perfect. just what i was looking for. thanks again. i will drop a note to the group if i get it working in case anyone else would like to use this method as well.

- matthew

Catzwolf
  • 2003/7/2 1:02

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

I suggest you hang fire before starting on this, I am about to release a bug fix very shortly and I see no point in you having to do this twice

Note: This will be an important fix.

Anonymous
  • 2003/7/2 2:14

• Anonymous

• Since:

not a bad idea. i will hold off. i took a closer look at your code. i finally see what i was missing. all the style is contained in references to the css. duh?!

i see where i will run into a problem with my idea. in the mylinks module the categories are spread across the page evenly by some if/then table setup that only creates a new column if there is a category available to populate it. what i will get if i take away your table format is just a long list of category links instead of a neatly centered directory like mylinks. i realize i am really moving away from your intended purpose. you have built this thing for power (most XOOPS users are power users), however i am afraid the complexity of the design will drive many users away.

is there a way to modify the wf module to balance out category links like in mylinks? anyone? is this even a challenge. i'm in way over my head.

- matthew

hireling
  • 2003/7/2 7:14

• hireling

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/1 0

Addition to my previous message...

Not the necessary variables in the language files:
_WFS_ON
_WFS_URL
_WFS_POPULAR
_WFS_SUBMIT
_WFS_NO
_WFS_TOP
_WFS_RATEFILE
_WFS_PUBLISHED
_AM_SUBMITTED

Not existing variables:
_WFS_THANKS

Not declared phrases:

\wfsection\admin\reorder.php:
- Return to Category re-order
- Categories have been re-ordered!
- Articles have been re-ordered!
- Description
- pid
- Weight

\wfsection\article.php:
- Url Link:

\wfsection\admin\config.php:
- WF-Section admin

Catzwolf
  • 2003/7/2 12:39

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

hireling wrote:
Addition to my previous message...

Not the necessary variables in the language files:
_WFS_ON
_WFS_URL
_WFS_POPULAR
_WFS_SUBMIT
_WFS_NO
_WFS_TOP
_WFS_RATEFILE
_WFS_PUBLISHED
_AM_SUBMITTED

Not existing variables:
_WFS_THANKS

Not declared phrases:

\wfsection\admin\reorder.php:
- Return to Category re-order
- Categories have been re-ordered!
- Articles have been re-ordered!
- Description
- pid
- Weight

\wfsection\article.php:
- Url Link:

\wfsection\admin\config.php:
- WF-Section admin

Many thanks for your hard work on this, I will be fixing these for the next update

Spiguy
  • 2003/7/2 20:19

• Spiguy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/3/19

CATZ,
I have not completely torn this module apart but for the little bit that I have seen so far...YOU ROCK!!

Thank you SOOOOO much for implementing both items that I suggested a while back (author pick and article voting). I have been waiting on only this module to upgrade one of my sites. I will wait though till all small bugs are worked out.

Again a HUGE THANKS

fruitpie
  • 2003/7/3 0:35

• fruitpie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/7 2

Hi Catz.

I am a new xoops-user, and have been trying to get WF-sections working. I am trying to figure out if I should wait for your soon-coming patch, or troubleshoot my install.

WFSections installed fine (after running the db install through phpmsql and commenting part of php code out that made the table in the install module). But, when I go the admin page, create a category and click "add", I get a blank page at ...wfsection/admin/category.php. Without categories I can't add articles.

I read thru all the posts, made the changes listed in a wf-changes -1.patch, but still no luck.

I am not sure where to start, or if I should start over...
Any suggestions?

Many thanks.
-Fruitpie

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits