davimac
paid xoops dev/consultant
  • 2020/3/9 2:38

• davimac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2020/3/9 2

I have a very old install that has fallen behind in compatibility etc and I need to pay a XOOPs expert to

1. help me recover the site
2. where possible transfer content to a new XOOPs install

I am happy to pay in advance and I'm sure that it will be a fairly simple task for one who knows.

I did search here for paid support but the link in an old post went to a dead url (http://www.xoopsgroups.com/ )

zyspec
Re: paid xoops dev/consultant
  • 2020/3/9 15:47

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Is the site "online"? If so can you post a link to it so we can get a feel for what might be required.

If we have a little more information we can help direct you towards someone who can help. For example it may be you need someone who is more familiar with themes/templates or it could be we need to help find someone who can help you find the appropriate modules and tweaking them to meet your needs.

davimac
  • 2020/3/12 3:43

• davimac

• Just popping in

Thank you!

At the moment there are php/mysql issues.. I could have these looked at by other devs I have access to, however, none of them knows xoops.. so I figured I'd start here.. I want to get the site visible again then immediately start transferring content to a new xoops install.. I guess I could get that started concurrently.. anyway.. on visiting the domain this is on the page I see.. with an outdated link on it..
---------------------

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the Xoops Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Unknown Condition [8192]: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in file include/common.php line 64
Unknown Condition [2048]: Non-static method XoopsLogger::instance() should not be called statically in file include/common.php line 66
Unknown Condition [2048]: Non-static method XoopsDatabaseFactory::getDatabaseConnection() should not be called statically in file include/common.php line 82
Unknown Condition [2048]: Non-static method XoopsLogger::instance() should not be called statically in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 31
Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

zyspec
  • 2020/3/12 4:09

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Ok, makes sense. Most of what you're seeing looks like it's compatibility problem with your current version of PHP.

Can you tell us:

* What PHP version you're server currently has installed.
* What version of XOOPS you have installed. The easiest way to find this is to go to your xoops folder and then open ./include/version.php

* Which modules "might be" installed. Without digging into the database a "close approximation" of the modules installed will be to go to the ./modules directory and look at the directory names.

I can help you look at your Xoops installation if you want to give me access ftp and dB access. If so then send me a Private Message with the information -https://xoops.org/modules/profile/userinfo.php?uid=24642

I can't commit to fixing it for you but I can at least take a look at what's there and help you sort it out. Depending on how old the Xoops installation is (and what modules are installed) it might be as simple as copying the current Xoops version into the folder structure and running the update script. If it's too old then it might be a little more tricky to get things up and running.

Depending on the modules used there could either be an updated version or possibly a similar module with an "import" utility to copy the data so you wouldn't have to recreate everything that was there.

davimac
  • 2020/3/15 14:55

• davimac

• Just popping in

Thank you.. I will send info via private msg and any advice will be gratefully accepted (and paid for as required)

:)

scintnl
  • 2023/5/23 16:46

• scintnl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/14

I would also like to hire someone to update my xoops site pacocalderon.net from version 2.3.3 to the current one.
I am not tech savvy at all.

Mamba
  • 2023/5/25 19:47

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Check your PM...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

RUGMAZOFF
  • 2023/5/27 20:54

• RUGMAZOFF

• Just popping in

• Since: 2023/5/27

Can you tell us:

* What PHP version you're server currently has installed.
* What version of XOOPS you have installed. The easiest way to find this is to go to your xoops folder and then open ./include/version.php

* Which modules "might be" installed. Without digging into the database a "close approximation" of the modules installed will be to go to the ./modules directory and look at the directory names. rugmaz

zivXP
  • 2023/6/5 20:21

• zivXP

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/2/9 1

Quote:

scintnl wrote:
I would also like to hire someone to update my xoops site pacocalderon.net from version 2.3.3 to the current one.
I am not tech savvy at all.

It's easier to make a normal new website. Since all the modules used are "dead", they do not exist for new versions.

Mamba
  • 2023/6/12 23:51

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

That depends on the module. In some cases, we could help in updating older modules, unless they are some old custom modules.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

103 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 103

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits