1
goffy
xoopsMailer and SMTP
  • 2022/11/19 13:28

  • goffy

  • Just can't stay away

  • Posts: 555

  • Since: 2010/12/27


Hi

is there somewhere a description where I can see how to setup xoopsMailer properly for using a SMTP mail account for sending mails?

2
Mamba
Re: xoopsMailer and SMTP
  • 2022/11/21 6:51

  • Mamba

  • Moderator

  • Posts: 11549

  • Since: 2004/4/23


There was an old discussion here, but I'm not sure if it still actual.

And another one here
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.7.x | Docs | Modules | Bugs

3
goffy
Re: xoopsMailer and SMTP
  • 2022/11/27 9:31

  • goffy

  • Just can't stay away

  • Posts: 555

  • Since: 2010/12/27


hi

I got it working in my environment, but I am not sure whether this is valid for everyone.

This is the code:
$xoopsMailer = xoops_getMailer();
$xoopsMailer->multimailer->isSMTP();
$xoopsMailer->multimailer->Port       = $my_port_out; // set the SMTP port
$xoopsMailer->multimailer->Host       = $my_server_out; //sometimes necessary to repeat
$xoopsMailer->multimailer->SMTPAuth   = true;
$xoopsMailer->multimailer->SMTPSecure = $my_securetype_out;
$xoopsMailer->multimailer->Username   = $my_username; // SMTP account username
$xoopsMailer->multimailer->Password   = $my_password; // SMTP account password
$xoopsMailer->multimailer->SMTPDebug  = 0;
...
The biggest problem was that my mail provider use different setting for client tools like outlook or thunderbird in comparison with setting for smtp access via a CMS.
Therefore: check allways in advance which settings your provider allows