nendo
Error during a sending of e-mail with a module or others
  • 2017/2/16 15:06

• nendo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/3/31

Hello
Sorry for the translation, because I speak very badly English

Since I made the update of xoops 2.5.7.3 and put correctives to phpmailer, the function sendings since the module XForm 1.21 final does not work any more. Nevertheless before the updates quite worked perfectly. Use the e-mail function PHP mail() since I use xoops.

The only things which was indicated is the name of the sender, the method of expedition of e-mails in this particular case it was: PHP mail () and the access road in sendmail (/usr/sbin/sendmail) and nothing else. And nevertheless quite worked great well!!!

Thus I changed the method of expedition(shipping) of e-mails and this is what it gives (without anything added)

By putting PHP mail (): errors - Impossible to instantiate the e-mail function. - impossible to send the e-mail in essais@example.com
By putting Sendmail: errors - Impossible to throw(launch) the execution?: / usr / sbin / sendmail - Impossible to send the e-mail in essais@example.com
By putting Smtp: errors - Failure of the SMTP connection.Https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting - Impossible to send the e-mail in essais@example.com
By putting SmtpAuth: errors - Failure of the SMTP connection.Https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting - Impossible to send the e-mail in essais@example.com

If somebody could indicate me or look to solve this hampering enough problem it would be very nice and to tell me why before it worked and more maintaining

Thank you in advance for your answers
Good day

geekwright
Re: Error during a sending of e-mail with a module or others

I looked into this issue.

Testing used a stock XOOPS 2.5.7.3 and xForms 1.21. XOOPS was configured to use PHP mail(). The only way I could get the error about "could not instantiate mail function" was when the sendmail program (or another suitable mail transport agent) was not installed, or the the PHP ini setting for sendmail_path was incorrect.

See:http://php.net/manual/en/mail.requirements.php

I do not understand how this would have changed with the upgrade, so I am not sure what to suggest.

nendo
Re: Error during a sending of e-mail with a module or others
  • 2017/2/20 20:58

• nendo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/3/31

Good evening geekwright
Thank you for your reply
In php.ini sendmail_path in him(it) good path(way): usr / sbin / sendmail -t -i
I am on a mutualized accommodation(hosting)
When I was with xoops 2.5.6, I had no problem
I does not include what it passes

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits