supergran
Re: animal pedigree database, problems moving to new server
  • 2016/5/9 2:56

• supergran

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2011/6/6 1

Thanks but that line is already in place:
global $xoopsModule; if (!defined('PEDIGREE_DIRNAME')) { define("PEDIGREE_DIRNAME"$xoopsModule->dirname()); define('PEDIGREE_DIRNAME'basename(dirname(__DIR__))); define("PEDIGREE_PATH"XOOPS_ROOT_PATH "/modules/" PEDIGREE_DIRNAME); define("PEDIGREE_URL"XOOPS_URL "/modules/" PEDIGREE_DIRNAME); define("PEDIGREE_ADMIN"PEDIGREE_URL "/admin/index.php"); } define("PEDIGREE_AUTHOR_LOGOIMG"PEDIGREE_URL "/assets/images/xoopsproject_logo.png");

Any other ideas?
Janice

zyspec
  • 2016/5/10 13:57

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Janice,

You should have replaced:
define("PEDIGREE_DIRNAME"$xoopsModule->dirname());

with:
define('PEDIGREE_DIRNAME'basename(dirname(__DIR__)));

So now if you just delete:
define("PEDIGREE_DIRNAME"$xoopsModule->dirname());

the error should go away.

supergran
  • 2016/5/12 3:54

• supergran

• Friend of XOOPS

I think you should get a medal for your patience! I'm sorry. I should have spotted that. Working great in 2.5.8 and PHP7 and I can change module positions, user permissions and create custom blocks! You have made an old lady very happy

Thank you very much and good luck with 2.5.8.
Janice

zyspec
  • 2016/5/12 14:45

• zyspec

• Module Developer

No problem. Glad that "did the trick".

Bleekk
  • 2016/5/13 6:00

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/12/14

thank you for resolving this problem.
can you submit your changes to github so mamba can merge this?

Mamba
  • 2016/5/13 7:00

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I'll do the merge.

I am still fighting with couple of other bugs caused by few of my recent changes, but hopefully soon everything will be fixed and updated on GitHub. Right now it is still a little bit messy
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

zyspec
  • 2016/5/13 14:38

• zyspec

• Module Developer

Michael,

You can also look at the changes I made in my fork (from your GitHub repository). It's pretty extensive so you might have to merge them 'over time'. This change is already there but there's pretty significant changes elsewhere. I haven't had time to test most of it out yet so "caveat emptor"

Mamba
  • 2016/5/13 21:14

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I know

And since other changes are pretty extensive too, I'll be a little bit under stress to reconcile them all, but I think, it will better this way in a long run.

The only challenge is to find enough time to do it...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

supergran
  • 2016/7/7 3:08

• supergran

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi, I'm not sure where to post issues with the Pedigree module so let me know if there's a better way...

The add a litter page is not working for any theme in 2.5.8 and PHP7. I've tried it on the latest alpha 6 from Mamba's fork and also on Zyspec's alpha 8 version without any changes. I've compared the add_dog.php and add_litter.php files as I'd have thought they were similar in construction but can't see anything obvious. I've also compared the pedigree_adddog.tpl and pedigree_addlitter.tpl files without success.

The table output and functionality works fine to add a dog - the page title is output at the top and at the bottom there is a button to add the dog..
.. trying to add a litter does not output the page title just blank rows. The button at the bottom also doesn't render, instead the raw text is output, "Check this [animalType] and add other information -->"

The only error I get is 11 notices of the same error:
Notice: Undefined property: Animal::$user1 in file /modules/pedigree/include/class_field.php line 653

Any ideas how I can fix this issue? There are a few minor issues I can live with but I need to fix this before I can launch the site. Once I get the core site working I'll have a go at the tutorial which I am hoping will give me the confidence on Git Hub to do a bit more.
Grateful as always for your help.
Jan

supergran
  • 2016/7/9 1:46

• supergran

• Friend of XOOPS

For anyone with the same issue - the problem was that _MA_PEDIGREE_ADD_DATA had been commented out in mainfile and that an h2 tag in add_litter php had been deleted. I'll add it to my list to change on GITHUB once I've got the site working.

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits