chco2
Re: Group Moding Private Messaging and Whos Online Modules
  • 2015/5/25 23:30

• chco2

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/3/5 1

I agree !
Going through the code of the original pm module it was more difficult to adjust it to my needs, so I wrote another pm module. It does take into account users assigned to groups and actually updates messages realtime (likee.g. What's up).

The core of Xoops gave me plenty of handles/tools to accomplish this.
Since I made it for a customer that paid me, I can't share it with you guys. But for a developer it is fairly easy to accomplish.

Quote:

redheadedrod wrote:
Those sound like Module issues and not core issues... Core provides permissions but the module has to actually use them.

xoobaru
Re: Group Moding Private Messaging and Whos Online Modules
  • 2015/5/31 22:46

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Quote:
Those sound like Module issues and not core issues...

Yes, but they are special modules, they are default distribution modules, including System module.

A case in support of:

One scammer using the name Rita Benson from Nigeria was able to freely navigate and contact various users on my site, and attempted to lure them into fraudulent investment activity. This required time for users to complain, then for the matter to be investigated, and then for Rita to be shut down.

If the users were in their own PM/Whos group containers as they wanted to be, Rita would have found a very limited attack surface.

In addition, users had no provision to blacklist and subsequently block such unwanted users (they asked me how to).

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits