preachur
2.0.13.1 UPGRADE?
  • 2014/3/20 23:41

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

I have a live site running 2.0.13.1. The host has decided the registration isn't secure and they want me to upgrade it. (They keep deleting register.php.) Otherwise it is a great website. Anyone have any ideas on what steps *might* get it into useable condition again?

Thanks!

Mamba
Re: 2.0.13.1 UPGRADE?
  • 2014/3/21 0:36

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

1) Make sure that you have PHP 5.3.7 or later (I recommend 5.4.x)

2) write down the versions of your modules, and make sure that you have access to versions compatible with PHP 5.3.x and XOOPS 2.5.x (don't upgrade them yet)

3) Upgrade XOOPS to XOOPS 2.5.6 or soon to 2.5.7 (just follow the upgrade instructions)

4) Upgrade the modules
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

You will want to do this on a local host first to insure you can upgrade your main site.

Also before upgrading you will want to remove any unnecessary modules and make sure you can find replacements for your current modules.

You will want to disable all of your modules except system before you upgrade so you don't have any incompatible modules active when you do the upgrade.

Once you upgrade check your theme for compatibility and once your theme is running smoothly then try upgrading your modules one by one and getting them to work on your site.

You may find some of your modules have totally new replacements for them and others not. 2.0.13 is pretty old so you may find you can not replace some of your modules with upgrades and have to go to different modules or not be able to use that module.

All depends on what modules you have installed. Feel free to post what modules and versions you have so we can better help you with your migration.

Rodney

preachur
  • 2014/4/1 13:19

• preachur

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2006/2/4 4

It had core hacks and module hacks.... None of the users were active anymore. I decided to just start over. I did a fresh install and updated the old theme. It looks better than ever with a clean slate.

Login

Who's Online

250 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 250

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits