Mamba
Re: Animal/Pedigree Module 1.31 Alpha 1
  • 2014/1/26 23:36

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
At the first view, it seems not to be what I need

What do you need? Let us know - maybe we can add some of it into the next version?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Tampeko
  • 2014/1/27 9:21

• Tampeko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2014/1/14

From my point of view the module should contain also a scientific way to describe animals. Maybe this is not what pages for cats and dogs need, but It would be helpful not only for reptiles and amphibians, but also for mammals and vertebrates.

To be exactly what I think such a module should contain:
Following fields in the Admin menu:

----Taxnonomic order: (this is complicated)

Scientific name:_______

common name:_______

Original description:______, year:______

Distribution:________
(some ideas for Distribution: It would be great if somehow googlemaps could be inculded in this part, i.e. an animal is located in nothern Argentina, south Bolivia and southwest of Paraguay, googlemaps shows you this part of the world in the description).

Size____ (inch or cm)

Food:_____ (carnivor, herbivor or omnivor)

Hibernation: (yes or no)

then bigger fields (like the ones in news for article) for

Description:____________

Keeping in captivity: ___________

(maybe also as a seperate part):
Captive breeding: __________

At last, it should be possible to upload two or three pictures.

Two more Ideas:
On the page could be intergrated also the gallery.
I.e. pictures of the animal from the gallery could be shown in this part with a link to the part of the gallery where this animal is visible.

And, people, who keep and breed this animal, could be listed with a link to their profile.

END

I am sorry for writing so much, but this is how I imagine such a module for Animal descriptions. Maybe you can use some of my suggestions.
The question is, how many people would be interested in such a module ...?
Here is a screenshoot how I solve this with cjaycontent:

Resized Image

Mamba
  • 2014/1/27 14:21

• Mamba

We might add some of the fields that are typical for all animals.

But you can also add fields that are specific to your animal. To do it, you got to:

1) Webmaster Tools
2) Create User Field

As an example, I have created a custom field for "Food" with the choices: carnivor, herbivor or omnivor

You can view available custom fields and modify them here:

http://podrum.eu/modules/pedigree/tools.php?op=listuserfields

I have also added one Turtle as an example. Just go to the module, and click on "T", and you'll see a list of turtles with names starting with "T". In the future I'll add the standard alphabet listing indicating letters with content, as in this tutorial

The only problem that I see right now there is that I cannot add a picture of the turtle. I'll need to investigate it, because it works fine on my installation.

Anyway, play with the module some more. For example, you can see the pedigree here
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Tampeko
  • 2014/1/27 19:35

• Tampeko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2014/1/14

I will test it in next days and tell what I think.

GSTmatt95
  • 2014/3/4 17:12

• GSTmatt95

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2014/3/4 1

Hi there,

I am trying to learn all this stuff quickly to try and bring an installation of this module up to date. I cannot find this module listed with the rest, and one of your recent links to what looks like it would be a page for this module does not work. I see that you are working on rewriting the entire module, which is great, but I am looking for the most current stable release (and where to download it), as well as what other prereqs there are for it...ie., core version and php versions. I think what I am looking at is pretty old - System is 2.13, pedigree is 1.28, extended profiles is 0.1, and PM is 0.1.
I have searched the site, and was only able to find this thread. So any info/guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Mamba
  • 2014/3/4 18:19

• Mamba

There were quite few "modified" versions floating around, one from France.

The original "Animal" module version is on our XOOPS SVN, but there is nothing being done there.

All the work on the new version is being done in the "Pedigree" module, also on our XOOPS SVN. Of course, we'll have import function from the old version.

If you want to work together on this, that would be fantastic.

What is currently wrong with Cane Corso Website? Maybe we have some fixes for it, even before the new version will be released (since we don't have any dates for it yet, as there is a lot of work to be done)?
Support XOOPS => DONATE

GSTmatt95
  • 2014/3/4 18:47

• GSTmatt95

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2014/3/4 1

I would be glad to work with you on this, but i will need to rely on you to get going, as i am largely unfamiliar with web development. I offered to take a look at this for someone (for free), and I dont think anything has been done with it for quite a while.

What the owner told me is this:
"The program is not running well under the newest php and xoops versions.
Example: If we enter a dog with an ' in the name, it won't show up. Also if we add titles to such a dog, after submitting the changes the entire dog is gone from the database.
Another example is that we enter a dog with his parents. Yet once entered, it's in with a different sire or dam. Things we always check after adding dogs. But now it's occurring just too often."

She mentioned it has been sitting out there for quite a while with no work or updates being made, but the issues are a source of much frustration for them.

My plan was to at the very least, get familiar with xoops and how everything works, and try to get everything brought as current as possible first to try and remedy the actual errors/problems. After that, there are some changes she would like to make, most of which I think are pretty simple.

If you can help get me up and going at that point with the actual development side, I would be glad to work with you on getting this thing updated...I will obviously be facing a bit of a learning curve, but I am good at what I do, so I would hope I can pick this up pretty quickly.

I have access to the current site, plus i have purchased another site for myself to play/learn/test on. I literally just got it, and have done nothing with it yet. I have been trying to figure out the current state of things with the module by searching around on here. So, please let me know where you think i should start!

And i did make a small donation to your site as I really appreciate any help you are willing to provide.

Mamba
  • 2014/3/4 19:08

• Mamba

Matt, just install XOOPS locally on your PC (with something like WAMP server), as it is the fastest way to get things going. Or you can install a VirtualBox and get the full stack from Bitnami that we have here.

Also, download the Operations Guide, and once you have it install, you can install the Animal module from the links I gave you earlier.

Once you get familiar with XOOPS, let us know if you have any issues, and we'll try to help.

And thank you for the donation! Very much appreciated! And your rating reflects it now - you're officially now "Friend of XOOPS" !
Support XOOPS => DONATE

kamue74
  • 2014/9/5 16:38

• kamue74

• Just popping in

• Since: 2014/9/5 1

Hi everyone,
I just installed the pedigree module and everything is working fine so far exept the inbreeding calculator. I got following error:

Sorry: at least one grandparent is unknown...

although all grandparents are shown in the pedigree. I had the former alpha release installed before and there it did but did not show the latest entries...

Could you please give me a tip?

THANKS

kamue74
  • 2014/9/12 11:05

• kamue74

• Just popping in

• Since: 2014/9/5 1

After trying around with the different versions of the module I could get the inbreeding calculation to work. Now it doesn't show up the parents on the inbreeding site, its a blank field with header father () and mother () ,

from the line "List of common progency of father and mother" on everything works fine. There's an error somewhere in coi.php line 269...

else { if (! $marked[$m] && $chrono[$m] < $paternal_rank)
{ mater_side ($p, $fathers[$m], $a, $ndist+1) ;
mater_side ($p, $mothers[$m], $a, $ndist+1) ; } }
return 0 ; }

Could you please help me???

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits