Mamba
Re: Site online, but nobody can login?
  • 2013/10/10 19:07

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

You server should have "error logs" and "access logs" - there should be normally on the same level as your "root directory", but it depends on the host. Some host actually don't offer logs out of security concerns. So you need to talk to your host about getting the logs, or they checking them for you.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

vmax2extreme

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
You server should have "error logs" and "access logs" - there should be normally on the same level as your "root directory", but it depends on the host. Some host actually don't offer logs out of security concerns. So you need to talk to your host about getting the logs, or they checking them for you.

The error logs only show a few entries of:

2013-10-10 15:07:52.288 [INFO] [204.77.16.6:47375-1#APVH_vmoa.net] File not found [/home/vmoanet/public_html/www.vmoa.net]

www.vmoa.net comes up just fine and its link to the database is working since the site is online.

Mamba
  • 2013/10/10 19:26

• Mamba

obviously there is something wrong, as the server is complaining and can't find something.

As I said before, nothing happens out of nothing - there had to be some change either by you or by the server people which is causing it. It could be a regular change, it could be a server crash that corrupted the database, or something else.

I'll make you a deal - I'll look into it, and if it's XOOPS bug/fault, I'll fix it for you, but if this was caused by your changes or by your server, then you'll make a $50 donation to XOOPS?
Fair enough?
Support XOOPS => DONATE

xoobaru
  • 2013/10/10 23:01

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Are you sure of the file name and path in the following error are valid?

Quote:

File not found [/home/vmoanet/public_html/www.vmoa.net]

www.vmoa.net looks more like a directory than a file, and no file name of the expected extension follows i.e. html, php, js. Almost looks like the server does not have a filename spec.

p.s. XOOPS might also accept a nice motorcycle in lieu of the $50.00.

vmax2extreme

My thoughts were that error is invalid. I don't think that has anything to do with my issue. I found out that my ISP does nightly snapshots so I am going to restore back 1 day to get the site working again and the change all passwords. I know no changes have been made in past the several months. Our site has gone to a free membership group and I am the only admin. I only approve user accounts and that's pretty much it. Hopefully the restore will get us back up and running.

Quote:

xoobaru wrote:
Are you sure of the file name and path in the following error are valid?

Quote:

File not found [/home/vmoanet/public_html/www.vmoa.net]

www.vmoa.net looks more like a directory than a file, and no file name of the expected extension follows i.e. html, php, js. Almost looks like the server does not have a filename spec.

p.s. XOOPS might also accept a nice motorcycle in lieu of the $50.00.

xoobaru
  • 2013/10/10 23:56

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

I found out that my ISP does nightly snapshots so I am going to restore back 1 day to get the site working again and the change all passwords.

Looks like my gambit worked brilliantly. The prospects of your having to donate an entire motorcycle frightened you into getting proactive about solving your problem.

See how that works?

xoobaru
  • 2013/10/11 0:29

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

Just got to thinking, if the problem lies with your server, and the snapshot you refer to is only the home directory content, the issue should persist after you restore. If the problem is on the files (i.e. XOOPS) or database end (assuming you also revert the previous database) then the problem should go away. This will at least help you isolate which side the problem is on.

vmax2extreme

I restored the files and problem still exists, therefore its database related.

Quote:

xoobaru wrote:
Just got to thinking, if the problem lies with your server, and the snapshot you refer to is only the home directory content, the issue should persist after you restore. If the problem is on the files (i.e. XOOPS) or database end (assuming you also revert the previous database) then the problem should go away. This will at least help you isolate which side the problem is on.

vmax2extreme

Well no motorcycle for you guys.....

I searched the net and found that I needed to clear the xoops_session table. Once I did that I was back in business.

Google is my buddy :)

Mamba
  • 2013/10/11 6:55

• Mamba

Quote:
I searched the net and found that I needed to clear the xoops_session table. Once I did that I was back in business.

Google is my buddy

Ha ha ha!

That was funny!

What was the very first thing that I said in my post when I answered you?
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits