Still hope not to have restore to the previous sitation

fla-ts
Re: layout downloads at main menu
  • 2013/8/20 8:02

• fla-ts

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/1/4 1

Where can I found this.
Is it to underline the choices at my download menu?

Mamba
  • 2013/8/20 8:58

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

You would need to change CSS for this, which would require some learning from you. If you want to do it, then in your Chrome browser you can right-click on the Menu and select "Inspect Element", so you see the CSS for that item. Then do the same for the "Downloads", and then figure out the difference, and then make those necessary changes in the CSS.

Or you can create another menu with MyMenus, where you add manually links to the download items. Then you'll have the same lines as on the "Menu", because it is also built with MyMenu module.

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

fla-ts
  • 2013/8/20 9:06

• fla-ts

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks for the quick response
The solution with CSS looks the best for me because it would not change the why of working as I use to do.
It's only I' a bit afraid to do the thins in that css ...

fla-ts
  • 2013/9/5 7:47

• fla-ts

• Friend of XOOPS

Good morning, I'm still looking to get lines between the names of my downloads and to left align instead of centered

Mamba
  • 2013/9/5 9:47

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Good morning, I'm still looking to get lines between the names of my downloads and to left align instead of centered

As I told you earlier, you'll need to change your CSS. It's a great way to learn CSS/HTML

Just use Chrome and then right click on the main menu, select "inspect element", and they you'll see which CSS element is responsible for borders. Then do the same on the "downloads menu" and compare them. Then go to the right CSS file and make those changes.

Check out this general tutorial:
https://developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/

and then this one about changing styles:
https://developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/docs/elements-styles

Have fun...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

fla-ts
  • 2013/9/18 12:42

• fla-ts

• Friend of XOOPS

that is chinese for me

fla-ts
  • 2013/9/19 15:11

• fla-ts

• Friend of XOOPS

then in your Chrome browser ???
Or you can create another menu with MyMenus Would like to, just don't know where to start and afraid to loose the download menu.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: There are some problems at Arvixe, my backup is grown up to 4 times the size of a week ago without significant changes at the website. I meen when somethings goes wrong and I have to ask a restore .... don't thrust it for the moment.
I get answers like .. it is because you do not delete the previous backups, if so I would sit at a huge file now.
Nothing to do with xoops, just wanted to let you know

Anonymous
  • 2013/9/19 20:03

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Or you can create another menu with MyMenus Would like to, just don't know where to start and afraid to loose the download menu.

I just gave you a starting point Lambert. I made the beginning of a my menus downloads menu and placed it in a block on the right, it looks just like you want it! The block is only visible for admins right now, as soon as you are finished adding links it can be put online by giving it anonymous rights. And the current downloads menu can be removed.

You can add or change download links in the links manager from my menus, first choose the Downloads menu in the dropdown on the top right.

And please don't be afraid to edit your menu's, no harm can be done. In case needed I'll assist you by removing the old downloads menu and putting the new one online.

Anonymous
  • 2013/9/19 20:16

• Anonymous

• Since:

As you have Dutch and English downloads you could consider to divide the languages by making separated menus for both. Naming one Nederlandstalige downloads and the other one English downloads. It's just a thought

And please, stop shouting in your menus by using capitals only. Only amateur webmasters do

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits