xoobaru
Re: recatpcha setup?
  • 2013/7/25 19:46

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

You should not have any spam or third party api problems using the default captcha for 2.5.6. I would reset everything back to the distribution default. I am using it with no issues. If you need additional spam protection options besides captcha, Protector module provides a spam look-up protection setting at the end of the module preferences config. Try that.

vmax2extreme

I set the recaptcha file back to default setting but it still gives me the following message for register.php "To use reCAPTCHA you must get an API key fromhttps://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/create" There has to more to this than those two files. As I said, it all was working fine until 2.5.6 redesigned how its all integrated. How does the xoopscaptcha get enabled then?

Quote:

xoobaru wrote:
You should not have any spam or third party api problems using the default captcha for 2.5.6. I would reset everything back to the distribution default. I am using it with no issues. If you need additional spam protection options besides captcha, Protector module provides a spam look-up protection setting at the end of the module preferences config. Try that.

xoobaru
  • 2013/7/25 22:24

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Did you clean the cached templates (under maintenance) after making the change?

Try updating (not by uninstalling, then re-instaling....just click update option) the profile module....and what the heck, the system module too from in the modules administration page.

vmax2extreme

Cleared cache, updated profile and system modules, but still the same result.

Quote:

xoobaru wrote:
Did you clean the cached templates (under maintenance) after making the change?

Try updating (not by uninstalling, then re-instaling....just click update option) the profile module....and what the heck, the system module too from in the modules administration page.

vmax2extreme

Can anyone running RECAPTCHA successfully, please fill me in on how its properly configured? I need to get my site registration back online......

Many thanks!

Login

Who's Online

126 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 126

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits