I am not wrong about Chefry. Here is the private message I received from him:

Resized Image

Peekay
Re: Random Quotes
  • 2013/6/27 10:27

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

That is completely unacceptable. Very disappointing to see this kind of response. You should discuss this with your other moderators.

chefry
  • 2013/6/27 14:27

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

1) i never said it wrote the modules, I said I got it working with 2.5.6

2) it works fine on my site, adds, deletes, modifies

3) there is a reason for a PM system Cesag. You've already been appointed to the council. No need to keep brown nosing

4) Yes Peekay I agree. He didn't just fix it or rewrite it, he wrote an entirely new module from scratch. So at this point, why bother submitting anything

zyspec
  • 2013/6/27 16:35

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Without getting in the middle of which version is "official", etc... and in the spirit of "teaching" here's some comments on the v1.20 code:

1) Only use this module if you trust all of your admins and you're sure nobody else can get access to the module backend (e.g. probably not a shared server) as any variables input from users are not sanitized before they are used.

The module uses a very old (and poor) practice of just importing anything from ($HTTP_POST_VARS/$HTTP_GET_VARS) - These register_long_arrays have been deprecated and turned off by default. This may explain why the module works for some sites and not others. The $HTTP_xxx_VARS should all be replaced with $_GET/$_POST instead. As of PHP 5.4 $HTTP_xxx_VARS have been removed from PHP so v1.20 of the module won't work on any server with PHP 5.4.

2) There's a section of code in ./admin/index.php that checks '$contents_preview' which will never execute as $contents_preview isn't set anywhere - the conditional check will always 'fail'.

3) There are a lot of XOOPS deprecated function notices - specifically for the textsanitizer. This should work ok in XOOPS 2.5.x but will fail in 2.6 as these functions no longer exist.

4) Please change $modversion['official']=1 to $modversion['official']=0 in ./xoops_version.php. This flag is intended to indicate the module is supported by the XOOPS Module Development team. This hasn't been 'enforced' for a long time but if you're going to maintain the module we might as well get this corrected at the same time.

5) It would be good to add some error checking throughout the module. For example the block assumes there are quotes in the database. While this will be true once the admin has entered their first quote it will fail if someone tries to enable the block before entering a quote.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable using v1.20 on any of my sites but to-each-his-own.

xoobaru
  • 2013/6/27 17:10

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

Quote:

Peekay wrote:
That is completely unacceptable. Very disappointing to see this kind of response. You should discuss this with your other moderators.

This is a repeating pattern, it is typical trolling behaviour, and Chefry has frequently flooded the forums since the statement he made in a raging fit:

"I am seriously done with this forum".

Mamba
  • 2013/6/27 18:20

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
2) it works fine on my site, adds, deletes, modifies

As I said, I couldn't modify the existing entries. Plus I've seen the same issues with the old code what Zyspec saw

Quote:
3) there is a reason for a PM system Cesag. You've already been appointed to the council. No need to keep brown nosing

Chefry, your private comments, as well as your public comments, have been very disrespectful to Cesag. As we'we always said here - we can disagree about issues, but we will not tolerate being disrespectful to others. And the same as with others who were disrespectful, the process is the same:

- we give a warning
- we ban for three months
- we ban permanently

So please consider this as an official warning.

Quote:
4) Yes Peekay I agree. He didn't just fix it or rewrite it, he wrote an entirely new module from scratch. So at this point, why bother submitting anything

We submit improvements because we want XOOPS modules to get better, so the whole community can benefit from it.

For the reasons explained by Zyspec, I felt that it's easier and faster to rewrite the whole module instead of trying to patch it. As I said in my previous post, there would be no negative impact for existing users.

You have submitted your improvements and they are in the XOOPS SVN, because we don't want anything to be lost.

I have reverted my additions, so you're free to continue with the development and improvements of this module yourself
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

chefry
  • 2013/6/28 11:22

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

Quote:

Cesag wrote:
Mamba wanted to help you by remaking a module and you complain?
He creates a module that is 100% compatible Xoops latest version, while the latest module was not.
Mamba or anyone can edit copy or recreate a module because they are all under the GPL2 license.
Xoops and Xoops philosophy is the "sharing."
I sincerely hope I do not understand what you write, otherwise dare to moan for the generous gesture just made by Mamba, you must really be profoundly wicked.

Go ahead and ban me then. her comments above were completely unacceptable. I am profoundly wicked because I don't fall to my knees and worship the great Mamba because he is SUCH a great person.

I am profoundly wicked
I am profoundly wicked
I am profoundly wicked
I am profoundly wicked
I am profoundly wicked
I am profoundly wicked
I am profoundly wicked
I am profoundly wicked
I am profoundly wicked
I am profoundly wicked

And all of you are absolutely perfect, never make a mistake, and cover each others butts when you do

piss off!

xoobaru
  • 2013/6/28 13:12

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

I think that a compendium of his posts might be made with a link to his website so it gets indexed by Google and shows up when users search for recipes. I think it is important for users to know the mindset of the person behind the recipes they choose serve to their children. All those pretty recipes... but such profound wickedness (you did say it ten times in writing). How do you reconciled the two?

Quote:
And all of you are absolutely perfect

Thank you, we love it when people call us perfect even though we know we are not.
What is important is that YOU think so. It is what makes our world go round.

Troll.

4asrir
  • 2014/7/10 0:45

• 4asrir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/4/18

whene i try to install this module on : xoops 2.5.7 , it give me this error :
Quote:

Unable to install randomquote. Error(s):
Installing Random Quotes

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ENGINE=MyISAM' at line 6

Mamba
  • 2014/7/10 11:26

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I'll get you later today an updated version....
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits