Cesagonchu
Re: QR Code Generator

hisher -> higher

qr\language\english\modinfo.php
Line 25:

replace
define('_MI_QR_EC_LEVEL_DSC''This controls the amount of error correction included in generated QR Codes. The hisher the level, the larger the code. The default is Level M.');

with
define('_MI_QR_EC_LEVEL_DSC''This controls the amount of error correction included in generated QR Codes. The higher the level, the larger the code. The default is Level M.');

geekwright

Quote:

Cesag wrote:
hisher -> higher

Thanks! (I'll blame the office cat; not only does he stomp on the keys, his proofreading isn't worth anything.)

Cesagonchu

chefry
  • 2013/6/9 10:38

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

I've been trying this out with the Peekay mod to show site name and page title

It's just showing me the URL and no other information

Is this because it's on my localhost and not live?

Also, I like the "This Page QR Code" but when it's in the left column it doesn't fit my theme. it's too far to the right and overlaps the center column. Where can i find the code to move it over?

Resized Image

Peekay
  • 2013/6/9 11:55

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

The block only picks up the Publisher info when it is displayed on the Publisher module page alongside the article. Displaying the block on the homepage for example, you will probably just get the link.

Note that due to the way some QR Code readers work, the link may not be clickable when testing the site on localhost. Should work properly on your live www server.

I can't recall if there's a setting to change the QR dimensions. If not, you will just need to make the column a little wider in the theme or CSS.

chefry
  • 2013/6/9 13:11

• chefry

• Home away from home

it's publisher, and it's not picking it up

it won't be clickable because it's on localhost, but it seems to me it should pick up the title, etc

there should be a way to realign the image in the qr block, but if there is, i can't find it. the only dimensions i can find relate to the popup, not the block

geekwright

Quote:

chefry wrote:
there should be a way to realign the image in the qr block, but if there is, i can't find it. the only dimensions i can find relate to the popup, not the block

You are right, there should be, but there isn't

Until now, that is. There is a new version of the geekwright qr module here.

Each block template now surrounds the qr image with a div, with a class "qrimage". With this change, you can add to your css something link this:
.qrimage img positionrelativeleft: -6px; }

That will move the image left. You could also use width and height in the css to reduce the size if needed. That will work to a point. (You might want to increase the error correction in preferences if reducing it to less than 75% or so.)

This doesn't include Peekay's publisher mod, but the Bookmark block accomplishes the same thing for any page, not just publisher.

chefry
  • 2013/6/9 17:36

• chefry

• Home away from home

thanks geekwright

I got the code centered and sized so it fits the theme

but it's only picking up the name of the site and not the page name

I need it just for publisher and publisher clones

geekwright

Quote:

chefry wrote:
...but it's only picking up the name of the site and not the page name

I need it just for publisher and publisher clones

That is odd. Publisher usually sets the page title with the article title and category. The qr bookmark block grabs that directly from the title element on the page. It is looking at the same html output you would see if you did a view source on the page and look for
<title>
in the page.

I was just poking around and took a look at franksrecipes.net - it has a whole little html document inside the head element, and the page does have two titles. The first one is just a site title, the second one has all the things publisher and XOOPS would put there. Not sure why, but something must be wrong in that theme. For those pages, Chrome and Firefox both use the first title, so that is the one that the qr bookmark block gets. Fix the two title tag issue, and the block should work fine.

By the way, cool site. I'll be visiting again, I'm sure.

chefry
  • 2013/6/9 19:39

• chefry

• Home away from home

well CRAP!!!
That could explain a lot

this is my head info

<head> <!-- do not remove framework by bleekk www.bleekk.com --> <!-- Theme name --> <{assign var=theme_name value=$xoTheme->folderName}> <!-- Directory html files --> <{assign var=theme_name value=$xoTheme->folderName|cat:'/xotpl'}> <!-- Directory html plugins files --> <{assign var=theme_plugin value=$xoTheme->folderName|cat:'/xoplugins'}> <!-- Additionals Scripts --> <{includeq file="$theme_name/xoscripts.html"}> <!-- Titel und meta --> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; <{$xoops_charset}>"/> <title> <{if $xoops_array_pagetitle}> <{foreachq item=xo_title from=$xoops_array_pagetitle}> <{$xo_title}> : <{/foreach}> <{/if}> <!-- irmtfan for backward compatibility --> <{if $xoops_pagetitle !=''}> <{$xoops_pagetitle}> : <{/if}> <{$xoops_modulename}> : <{$xoops_slogan}> : <{$xoops_sitename}> </title> <meta name="robots" content="<{$xoops_meta_robots}>" /> <meta name="keywords" content="<{$xoops_meta_keywords}>" /> <meta name="description" content="<{$xoops_meta_description}>" /> <meta name="rating" content="<{$xoops_meta_rating}>" /> <meta name="author" content="<{$xoops_meta_author}>" /> <meta name="copyright" content="<{$xoops_meta_copyright}>" /> <meta name="generator" content="Xoops" /> <!-- Favicon --> <link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/ico" href="<{xoImgUrl icons/favicon.ico}>" /> <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="<{xoImgUrl icons/icon.png}>" /> <!-- CSS --> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" title="Style sheet" href="<{xoAppUrl xoops.css}>" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="<{xoImgUrl style.css}>" /> <!-- Module Header --> <{$xoops_module_header}> </head>

what can i get rid of?

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits