Mamba
XOOPS 2.5.6 RC 1 Released for Testing on PHP 5.4
  • 2013/3/27 18:26

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

After over 42,000 downloads of XOOPS 2.5.5, we're getting closer to release of our next version: XOOPS 2.5.6

As more and more hosts are switching to PHP 5.4.x, some of our users are having issues with XOOPS 2.5.5, since it was not certified for PHP 5.4.x

Therefore we will be releasing XOOPS 2.5.6, that will run without any problems on PHP 5.4.x

Please note: the fact that the XOOPS Core runs correctly on PHP 5.4.x, doesn't mean that all your modules will run correctly, therefore you'll need to test them.

However, the recently released modules that qualify for our Basic Module Pack, are all tested on PHP 5.4.13, and they should run just fine.

There will be more modules coming soon (see this list)

For all others, please let us know about any issues you might have.

Download: SourceForge File Repository.

Please remember: This is RC Release version for testing only!!!!

DO NOT install it on a production site and DO NOT upgrade any production site with it!!!

Changelog for the RC1:

Quote:
Bugfixes:
- Array to string conversion (geekwright/mamba)
- issues with missing xoopscomments table (geekwright/sabahan/Mamba)
- bug with using reference for non-variables (geekwright/mamba)
- number of users when "all groups" selected was wrong (tatane/mamba)
- fix for potential lack of rendering css and javascript in Installer on the last screen (culex)
- fix for missing Protector logo under PHP 5.4 (mamba)
- replacing ereg with preg_match in userutility.php (pmartina/paul)
- #1219 dhtmltextarea editor accent not displayed (cesag/alain091)
- added missing call for user language in /profile/index.php (xoobaru/zyspec)

Security fixes
- XSS/CSRF vulnerability in system/admin/groupperm.php (Dingjie Yang,Qualys/trabis)
- XSS/CSRF vulnerability in system/modulesadmin/main.php (Dingjie Yang,Qualys/trabis)
- XSS/CSRF vulnerability in system/admin/blocksadmin/main.php (Marcin,Ariko-Security Team/trabis)
- LFI vulnerability in system/admin/tplsets/jquery.php (Marcin,Ariko-Security Team/trabis)
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

timgno
Re: XOOPS 2.5.6 RC 1 Released for Testing
  • 2013/3/27 18:36

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

I want to make a clarification with PHP 5.4

The modules xnews and AMS, do not work well with this version of PHP 5.4.

There are problems with the forms, I've already with PHP 5.3, so I guess the problem is more pronounced with PHP 5.4.

Council even now to use the module news, publisher or fmcontent, waiting to see the modules news, xnews and ams merged into a single module for xoops 2.6

Mamba
  • 2013/3/27 18:39

• Mamba

Quote:
The modules xnews and AMS, do not work well with this version of PHP 5.4.

That's why they are not included with Module Packs
Support XOOPS => DONATE

timgno
  • 2013/3/27 18:46

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

True!

But also because I had to make several changes to the code to fit and still keep them on my site.

Now I have the problem again and make it anyway for xoops 2.5.6 even if xoops 2.6.0 is imminent, given the long lead times in building modules from scratch with code completely redone

Roby73
Re: XOOPS 2.5.6 RC 1 Released for Testing on PHP 5.4
  • 2013/3/27 22:45

• Roby73

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2011/6/15

What's don't work in AMS module?

I had modified the module for 2.5.5 (deprecated function and fix ), seem be to work to perfectly in 2.5.6.
My site test use 5.4.12 php version.

geekwright

I ran 2.5.6 RC1 through various scenarios under both PHP 5.3.10 and 5.4.6. Overall, looks great!

The only error I encountered was this from a module added during testing:

PHP Fatal error: Class 'XoopsFormHiddenToken' not found in .../class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php ...

Same code works fine in 2.5.5 and the previous 2.5.6 alpha. Adding an include of /class/xoopsformloader.php ahead of the include of /class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php worked around the issue, and then everything seemed to function correctly. This issue was independent of PHP version.

Otherwise, 2.5.6 RC1 cleanly passed every test.

Mamba
  • 2013/3/28 18:14

• Mamba

I am glad that things seem to work OK for you!

Quote:
PHP Fatal error: Class 'XoopsFormHiddenToken' not found in .../class/xoopsform/grouppermform.php ...

Which module did you experienced it with? It shouldn't happen with the Core itself.

Some modules that use this file in their Permissions, will need to be modified to include the HiddenToken files. This has been changed in the RC to address some security issues.

If you let me know the exact module, I'll help you to fix it. I'll also provide some detailed instructions for future references.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

geekwright

Actually, there were several. The first was one currently in development, but there were versions of extcal and publisher that had issues, too. These two were probably not current, but recent.

Is there a reason that grouppermform.php doesn't have this in the initialization with all the xoops_load calls for other form components?

xoops_load('XoopsFormElement'); 
xoops_load('XoopsFormHidden'); 
xoops_load('XoopsFormHiddenToken');  // something  like this?
xoops_load('XoopsForm');
xoops_load('XoopsFormElementTray');
xoops_load('XoopsFormButton');

I tried adding this, and it seems to work. I suspect this will bite lots of modules, as the loading of the group permission form has always been self-sufficient before.

Mamba
  • 2013/3/28 20:11

• Mamba

Quote:
Is there a reason that grouppermform.php doesn't have this in the initialization with all the xoops_load calls for other form components?

I am confused
In 2.5.6 RC1 grouppermform.php has this included:

xoops_load('XoopsFormHiddenToken');

Some modules that use that file locally, don't have it, and they need to add it locally.

Support XOOPS => DONATE

geekwright

Quote:

Mamba wrote:

I am confused

No, I am the one confused. I managed to pick up RC0 off of comment on another topic yesterday by mistake. Once that mistake was made, it propagated through multiple installs and updates.

Never mind.

I'll see if I can repeat the tests. Sorry for the confusion.

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits