http://i47.tinypic.com/121321d.png

namhil
Re: xContent 2.17 Beta 1 ready for testing on XOOPS 2.5.5
  • 2012/8/20 23:31

• namhil

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/25

Mamba:

If you need spanish translation for the module, I could help.

biomech
  • 2013/3/6 7:37

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/25

I've been looking for a good, basic content module for some time, and thought that xContent would be it.

I have 2.17 installed, but am getting pretty frustrated with it. I have two groups, Admin and Owner. (I am the admin installing/configuring the site on behalf of non-tech-savvy owner, who would like to be able to publish / edit his own content, understandably.)

Both Admin and Owner can add and edit content, but the pages only show up on the front end (in the Block where the xContent content goes) to the Admin. None of the other users can see links to added content - only the 1 page that is set as the "Homepage" in "Manage Content". I've been fooling around with permissions and other settings, both globally and on the module level, for quite some time now and can't seem to get anywhere.

Main issues:
- Pages other than "Homepage" don't show up in front-end block. (Only the page set as "Homepage" and the "Add Page" link show up in the front-end block.)
- Owner can click on "Add Page" to add content, but Clicking on link to newly-created page under "Content Page" in "Manage Content" redirects the Owner to the front-end Homepage page, not the newly created page.
- No users other than Admin can see links to created pages in the front-end xContent Block

My Options (?):
1) Figure out how to get xContent working
2) Wait (?) for an updated version of xContent to come out
3) Try another content module (have tried several already, unsuccessfully - this looked like it was the most promising so far)
4) Give up on XOOPS as a solution and try something else like Drupal

Any suggestions?
My customer just wants to be able to update a few content pages - nothing fancy. I do have to come up with something in the next week or so though, so if an update / fix for xContent is still a ways off, I need to find something else.

Thanks for any suggestions / info,

- b -

Mamba
  • 2013/3/6 8:15

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I am not sure, I understand the issues. You can email me privately the link to the Website and Webmaster name/password, and I'll take a look into it.

Otherwise, you can try something like:

- News
- Publisher
- fmContent

and see which one is the easiest for you.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Mamba
  • 2013/3/8 10:51

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The issue here was that you need to set the Permissions for the content. When you go to Permissions Tab, you set the Default Permissions. But on the right hand side there is also a drop-down menu, with options. Select the "Content Viewing Permissions" and then set the Permissions for each group according to who you want to see what.

In Preferences, you have also a selection what kind of security you want to have in Permissions. You can choose between:

- Basic Permissions
- Intermediate Permissions
- Advanced Permissions

Based on this selection, the Drop-down in Permissions will be populated differently. Play with that and see what is the best combination for you.

Let us know if you need more help.

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

biomech
  • 2013/3/9 2:21

• biomech

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/25

Hi Mamba,

First I want to say thanks very much for your support with this issue - it's been very helpful!

Now I see what you mean about the content permissions.

I do still have one issue remaining - that is that the XOOPS group I created called "Owner", which has permission to add content, does not have permission to change the content permissions. When Owner goes into the Content Viewing Permissions to grant public access to a new article that was just created, clicks the checkboxes, and clicks Submit, he is redirected back to the front page of the site, and the newly-created content is not viewable - the Permissions don't "stick."

How do I enable the Owner group to grant permissions to view the content?

Thanks,

-b-

Anonymous
  • 2013/3/26 19:46

• Anonymous

• Since:

I uses latest xCenter module (2.16) for a project, it's working stable so I don't want to replace it by this beta fork for now...

Strange issue is content from the module does not show up in search results. When choosing extended search the module does not even show up between the modules you can search in. Xoops is 2.5.5

Can anyone confirm this issue with current xContent beta?

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits