Cesagonchu
Re: Translation Teams on Transifex

Quote:

flipse wrote:
How to confuse and discourage a willing volunteer i was ready to start with xSitemap but will wait until this issues are clear!

You can start by following my instructions, we need not discuss it.

If Mamba has really good reason to change this, I'll warn you.

Mamba
  • 2013/1/24 19:03

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I am just trying to avoid extra work for our translators!

Quote:
Exact, there is a space but YOU decided to delete them after DCrussader's request
See all "Removing spaces from "define", which is required for Transifex per DCrusader"

Yes, I did, but I don't think is required, so I guess, we can leave it in the future.

Quote:
For (') replacement, it is required from me because it's more simply to have for example:
define("_AM_SB_IDXINTRO","Today, %s, this module's content is as follows:");
instead of :
define('_AM_SB_IDXINTRO','Today, %s, this module\'s content is as follows:');

This is a different issue. What we need to say is:

If you have to use single quotes as quotation within a string, use single quotes within double quotes. Don't use escaping.

Again, if you currently have "single quotes" for strings without any escaping, there is no need to changed them to single quotes.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Cesagonchu

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Again, if you currently have "single quotes" for strings without any escaping, there is no need to changed them to single quotes.

Standardize everything and have (") everywhere, it will be less ugly and prevent errors with (').
Mamba, the spirit of contradiction, that's fine, but it slows us down...

trabis
  • 2013/1/24 20:20

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

Cesag wrote:

Standardize everything and have (") everywhere, it will be less ugly and prevent errors with (')..

I agree, in 2.6 " will be the standard so if you do it now, you will not have to do it latter :)

Cesagonchu

Ok

DCrussader

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Quote:
1 - Remove spaces

I am not sure, this is required. Their example is having spaces after the comma:

DEFINE("january""enero");

Quote:
Replace (') by (").

Is this required by Transifex? I didn't see it anywhere...

She got me wrong probably, currently writing explanation, where is accepted and where not. And she is doing her job well, not insulting anyone (If I was on her place, everyone can imagine the result:) ), she is just new to the whole system...
XOOPS and all forks, have same structure. Once with ', another time with ", this is up to the core dev team, how they will be written and maintained, the important is to NOT have spaces between ) and ; and between last word inside the line, eg.
"words are here" ) ; - this will lead to strange TX error.

("_AM_MYTABS_CREATE_TAB""Create a new tab");

OK
('_AM_MYTABS_CREATE_TAB''Create a new tab');

OK
('_AM_MYTABS_CREATE_TAB'"Create a new tab");

OK
"_AM_MYTABS_CREATE_TAB" "Create a new tab" ) ;

FALSE, INVALID
("_AM_MYTABS_CREATE_TAB""Create a new tab") ;

FALSE, INVALID

What will be inside for _AM_SOMETHING or the text, can be set by Trabis and rest currently working on tree. If will be " or ' or both, AM_Something with ' and text with " or vise verse. During the beta releases of TX there was requirements, inside the bracket to be (AM_DEFINE) with same symbols, but thanks to M.A. and some other people and Infidex of course, those limits are gone.

Protector files have to be changed (definitions) to standard XOOPS definitions in order to be included in 2.5.6 Final. Currently XOOPS (only core) on TX, don't have protector files.

@Rest of translators, yeah... when I had in past XOOPS Bulgaria for unofficial local support sites, the priorities was set by the users. Content at first place, Web Links at second and so on. Now priorities are different, not set as REQUIRED ORDER, only as option. All of us have families, rl stuff/tasks and a lot of more things to do, but when we have time, to translate all modules under Blue-Move section, so when a user, random visitor got XOOPS-2.5.6 from here and the Basic Module Pack, to have fully functional CMS in his own language. That's all, no one sets time limits/deadlines (that's best on volunteer job) on translation tasks. If you don't like TX by any reason (really it's not important, what the reason is), simply select your language as coordinator and upload the translations to each language file per module. If you are not Language Team Coordinator, forward it to such or via GoogleCode/SF.NET or mirrorcreator to Cesag, she will have all REALLY latest modules translated and updated on GIT.

@Cesag... drop me a PM with your email, bcz I forgot it, even don't remember and name... (damn empty old head..:) )

ps. and the problem with infinite lines caused by CRLF still exist probably... have to verify it next few days... Cesag if have time can upload one file with CRLF to see if is corrected in latest version of the platform.

Anonymous
  • 2013/1/26 16:01

• Anonymous

• Since:

Thank you all for explaining. I'll do a little studying and will start my job!

Cesagonchu

hanklu added as coordinator of Chinese (Taiwan) core and module translation team on transifex.

Cesagonchu

jumoun added as coordinator of Burmese (Myanmar) core and module translation team on transifex.

Cesagonchu

mondarse added as translator of Spanish (Spain) module translation team on transifex.

Please translators, help us in translation modules so that we advance!

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits