redheadedrod
Re: XOOPS 2.6.0 Alpha 2 released for Testing

Quote:

flipse wrote:
Quote:
So it will be 2.6.1 or 2.6.2 before some of that is accomplished depending on how much work my classes become.

Not that I want to rush you But I don't think it's a good idea to present 2.6.0 without a complete install makeover. The script is the first impression newbie's get, and this can be part of making the decision to walk away from xoops and test another cms.

Sorry, I think I confused you.

I want to finish up the work on the current script for 2.6.0. A reworked script will hopefully be made available for 2.6.0 hopefully before final release.

I want to build a totally new script and the totally new script will be available for 2.6.1 or 2.6.2 depending on how fast things move along. So I plan to be making two different install systems. One is a reworking of the current script and I plan to build a totally different script that does things totally different.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Mage
  • 2013/1/15 18:52

• Mage

• Core Developer

• Since: 2009/8/2 1

Quote:

andrax wrote:
When installing the system, I've unselected all modules and extensions... and after completing the system installation, I started the installation and tests of modules and extensions, however, when I try to install the extension User ranks , I got this messagem:
[quote]Array ([0] => Table 'x7eb_ranks' already exists)

Fix in SVN but you must re-install xoops
Quote:

andrax wrote:
On admin of Page module, the Configuration Check alert that the extension 'xoosocialnetwork' isn't installed, but from what I observed here, this hasn't even exist in package

'xoosocialnetwork' isn't in the package. http://dugris.xoofoo.org/

Quote:

andrax wrote:
And to conclude, seems to me that the comments plugin is not working, at least it does not appear in the modules (Page or Publisher)

Must install in first comments extensions and after Page or Publisher

trabis
  • 2013/1/15 18:55

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

andrax wrote:

And to conclude, seems to me that the comments plugin is not working, at least it does not appear in the modules (Page or Publisher)

If you install comments or notifications after installing publisher or page, you have to update those modules. Only after updating them, the configs for comments/notifications become available for those modules. The same applies if you decide to uninstall comments module, the configs will be displayed on publisher configs until you update it.

At this moment, this is the behaviour. Perhaps I can change it to make it more friendly.

trabis
  • 2013/1/15 19:26

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

timgno wrote:
Quote:
Error: No entry is registered for key 'XLANGUAGE' in file /xoops_lib/Xoops/Registry.php line 144
Notice: Undefined index: XLANGUAGE in file /xoops_lib/Xoops/Registry.php line 147

Can you give me more context on this? I can't reproduce it :(

trabis
  • 2013/1/15 19:34

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

demented wrote:
When Using Menus Iget this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home/content/s/c/a/scaremaster/html/test/xoops_lib/Xoops/Module/Helper.php on line 41

I'm sorry, but xoops 2.6 requires "PHP version >= 5.3 (PHP 5.4+ is strongly recommended)" as stated in the release article.

timgno
  • 2013/1/15 19:49

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

Quote:

Is in popup pmlite

trabis
  • 2013/1/15 20:26

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

timgno wrote:
Quote:

Is in popup pmlite

Thanks, it is fixed now :)

andrax
  • 2013/1/15 21:44

• andrax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/9/10

Well, I tried updated the modules and nothing of comments or notification system work...
I tried uninstall modules and I think that I found another problem... was not possible to uninstall modules or extensions, none of them...
Luiz Carlos (Andrax)
"whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant" – Jesus
http://guxbrasil.org
http://about.me/LuizCerqueira

trabis
  • 2013/1/15 21:49

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

andrax wrote:
Well, I tried updated the modules and nothing of comments or notification system work...
I tried uninstall modules and I think that I found another problem... was not possible to uninstall modules or extensions, none of them...

Can you share your system specs?

Mamba
  • 2013/1/15 22:31

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

trabis wrote:
Can you share your system specs?

Yes, if you describe a bug, please ALWAYS state your PHP and MySQL version.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits